PDA

View Full Version : A note of thanks

Kevin
02-05-2003, 11:09 PM
Folks, I think you need to know a little about Kifaru Military Gear and its origins. After the 11th of September, 2001, a really pissed off mountain man and gear designer in Colorado decided that he wanted to do something about it. He didn't need any more money, he did it because he thought it was the right thing to do. I remember getting a note from him that I forwarded to a U.S. Congressman, expressing his desire to help. He's a little too old to go to war, or at least the military thinks so, so he did what he could. He went to work, with the dedication of a man possessed, to help those who we know as America's finest, in the fight against America's enemies. This bear season, he spent more time in the shop than on the mountain, despite knowing there were two good ones on the ridge.

So what did he do? He took that single-minded dedication to making military backpacks and tipis. I have seen the packs. As good as it gets. My best friend, who has money and experience, tells me his Pointman is the only thing he owns that is the absolute best in the world of its type.

To those of you defending this great land, and I count my son in the Navy amongst them, thanks. And as long as there are people like Patrick here, you're fighting for a country worth defending.

Thanks, Patrick, et al at Kifaru, for helping these fine folks.