PDA

View Full Version : my introduction

STTAOW
02-28-2005, 07:50 PM
I wanted to introduce myself here before I posted anything worthwhile (or lack thereof). It seems the courteous thing to do.

I'm a full-time college student at Penn State University and the new kid with our local SAR unit. I'm working towards a NASAR certification this spring and enrolling in the PSU NREMT-B course next fall. If any of you are SAR guys please PM me. I'm new at this so maybe I can learn a thing or two from you. Once I graduate I hope I to incorporate everything into a career for Uncle Sam. I'm looking forward to discovering as much as I can from my new team and continue doing that from you on this thing. To guys serving now, I say thanks.

I grew up outside: camping, hiking, being a thorn in the side of park rangers everywhere. I'm a pretty humble kid. I came from a good family that taught me a lot and had opportunities bestowed on my sisters and I by my parents that they never had. I'll be eternally grateful for that.

That's a little about me.

Why Kifaru?
I like that they are so personal with customers. I don't see that very often. I'll spend that extra buck for great equipment if you can talk to the people who created it. Kudos. I drooled over Kifaru's website after checking out a pack on a trip in the Appalachians last year. I had major trail envy. College means tight funds but I've been putting aside for a new pack now for a while. Search and Rescue just justifies it.
:rolleyes: /images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

To the moderators: If this isn't in the right forum please put it where it belongs. I'm not a hunter and my first purchase will be covered in webbing. I thought this forum had the most relevance.

Edit: Cleaned up the language.

Kevin
02-28-2005, 08:46 PM
Welcome, this post belongs here. Enjoy and learn from the years of experience present, but please....clean up the language a bit, there were better words than what you used.

Have fun.

STTAOW
02-28-2005, 09:13 PM
That was a bad foot to step off on. Sorry. I'll keep the language at home.

RjSteed
03-03-2005, 03:05 AM
All be it Im new to the Forum as well, Ill send out a Welcome to you. Looking forward to learning things from you as well...