PDA

View Full Version : Spike Camp or Late Season?

Travis Scott
04-25-2005, 06:04 AM
I'm looking for a pack to compliment my Longhunter. Longhunter's great for my five day + trips, but would like one for those 2-3 day trips. I've narrowed it down to the these two. I like the fact that the Spike Camp is a little lighter, but will it carry 30-35 lbs, as comfortbly as the Late Season? How does the Omin suspension system compare to the Late Season's system?

Badfoot
04-25-2005, 06:18 AM
I have and use both but I use the late season for anything but daytrips. They are both very comfortable packs but the late season is better for carrying more gear easily. I have no complaints with either packs suspension system but the late seasons designed to carry more weight comfortably. If I had to make a choice I would choose the late season simply because I can carry more in it but I am glad that I have and use both. They are both great packs in their own right. Of course, You can add side and back pockets to either pack.

Stan
04-25-2005, 07:41 AM
I have a longhunter and spike camp and just recently ordered a late-season for exactly the reasons you are asking about. Unless you go ultralightweight, the spike camp (which is by far my favorite day pack) is too small for me for the "average" 2-3 day trip, especially in the spring or fall.

Stan

Travis Scott
04-25-2005, 10:12 AM
That's exactly what Patrick said, got the late season on order. Can't wait to break it in.