PDA

View Full Version : Cooking fish on a parastove?

Travis Scott
04-22-2005, 06:40 PM
I fired up my para for the first time this evening, got it good and broke in. It really got me fired up to do some backcountry fishin'.

I must admit, I've always relied on my wife to do the cooking. So, how do I go about preparing the fish, or any other grub for that matter. ie. what other essentials do I need to pack to get the job done? I'm guessing aluminum foil, and just lay em' atop the stove?

Woods Walker
04-22-2005, 06:53 PM
I cooked a trout on the small stove. Just used my titanium fry pan. Gave the trout the old cut off the head cut out the guts routine. Tossed the little bugger on the fry pan. Gave him a butter bath some salt, pepper. Down the hatch.

Kevin
04-22-2005, 08:35 PM
Okay....there are a thousand ways to make trout good in a frying pan.

Experiment at home with storebought fish if you're worried about it.

I like a honey/lemon/pepper....put a strip of bacon in the chest cavity....

You almost can't screw it up, don't get too worried.

Patrick
04-23-2005, 06:54 AM
Kevin--

That's the second time you've mentioned that strip of bacon in the chest cavity. I reckon I'm hooked now (oops, sorry 'bout the pun), and will have to tote bacon into the fishin'-grade backcountry with me. Dang it!

shu
04-24-2005, 11:41 AM
Lord knows, bacon is good on just about everything!

razorsharp
04-24-2005, 12:38 PM
I would cook them outside of the tipi in a bed of hot coals, wrapped in foil and butter.

Woods Walker
04-26-2005, 10:00 PM
Forget the foil. Put them on a stick and let the litle buggers cook 4 inches or so above the coils.