PDA

View Full Version : Tipi wait time?

cutty
04-03-2005, 05:09 PM
I made the jump, and ordered an 8-man with no accessories. I also ordered the large stove. ANyone know what the wait time is? They told me by the 1st week of May, But I was wondering if they ever come ealry? if you can't tell, I am kind of anxious. thanks, Dan

jimd
04-04-2005, 08:22 PM
End of April for me, I ordered an 8 man w/ some options about a month ago. I feel you dude, very anxious to see it...... so is my neighbor I told him about kifaru and he cant wait to see my stuff. If it does come early I will let you know.

sdyotehunter
04-05-2005, 10:48 AM
I ordered my 8 man on Feb. 21. I called yesterday (April 4) and it was just shipping out that day. Should be here by the end of the week. 6 weeks...right in line with their stated six week delivery time.
I'm anxious, too!

wyoelk
04-06-2005, 04:48 PM
Cutty, Please let me know when you get the 8 man. Would love to see it set up and show the wife it. As soon as I can find some chump that likes to lug around my 16x20 wall tent, the 8 man will be my next purchase for a truck camp and family camping.

cutty
04-09-2005, 10:15 PM
will do.

jimd
04-13-2005, 08:52 PM
Going nuts, I want my tipi!!!!!!

jimd
04-26-2005, 10:48 AM
So, I am at the six week mark..... I have also just bought a boat. (oh, yeah, bonus is all gone now) Anyway, I am buying little things for my boat as well. So everyday for the past two or three days, there have been boxes waiting for me when I get home. I get all excited "is it from Kifaru?" I say to myself. "no, just my on-board battery charger for the boat" .... "is it from Kifaru?....... No, just my spets shovel"
So, this would be my version of therapy for my tipi-anxiety. The weather even turned really cold again. Thus cooperating with tipi test/break-in periods.

Dan- how are you getting along? I already have like three trips planned, just no tipi /images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif

cutty
04-26-2005, 04:19 PM
yep, I have all kinds of trips planned, from now through sept. I actually went to grand junction to take my pack in for a few repairs, but i, like a moron, went on a saturday. they were closed. I thought that I could tie myself over by going down there, but no dice. It should be here next week!

Does anyone know if kifaru does custom repairs? Will the so some rings on the pack for me? I want to take the chiller sleeve I have for my water bladdr, Sew some male clip end on the top, and clip them into the un used clips on the top of the top pocket. Or just put some rings on the frame that could attach to the bladder? That kind of stuff. Also, Is there a way to make the hauler capable using the delta straps?
Anxiously waiting...Dan

jimd
05-03-2005, 08:47 PM
Got my 8 man tonight. I hope that stove pipe gets easier with practice:)

Everything is even higher quality then expected. I am taking off tomorrow afternoon so I can get everything set up in my yard. The only complaint I have is they forgot my gun bearer. I am sure they will take care of that tomorrow /images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif

Kevin B
05-03-2005, 09:46 PM
jim... fist time it sucks. It won't hold shape till.... you burn it. Then it'll want to take the right form more directly. Don't forget to use those rings to hold er in place till you can get bolt/nut in it.

sdyotehunter
05-04-2005, 05:50 PM
Kevin B,
Question, I keep my rings on the stove pipe the entire time I have it set up. Your post above makes it sound as if you take them off once you get the to bolt in place? Am I doing something wrong? Thanks.

Kevin B
05-04-2005, 10:03 PM
nah you got it right... however to save you one I did. the top ring where it goes out the port, was caught up right at the heat resistant patch and I singed the patch where I burnt off the little orange string on the ring... Either get that out of the tent or in but don't bind it up in the port.