PDA

View Full Version : What size of tipi will fit a Queen air mattress?

cutty
03-26-2005, 09:48 AM
I would like to know if the six man would fit a queen air mattress on one side? Will the eight? I would like to buy the smallest size that will accomadate one. I will use it mostly for backpacking, with four to five family camping trips a year thrown in (car camping, hence the air mattress for the little lady). Sorry if the is a stupid question. Thanks, Dan Mead

Patrick
03-26-2005, 12:01 PM
cutty--

Considering that we menfolk just naturally do whatever it takes to bring our womenfolk out with us, the question makes plenty of sense. A customer told me once he did exactly what you want to do in an 8 man. That's the size I think you're looking for anyway, for family camping. And as long as you have at least one hunting hunting partner you should be gold there too. Enjoy.

cutty
03-26-2005, 01:19 PM
thanks patrick, was leaning that way anyway.

Woods Walker
03-26-2005, 03:59 PM
When going car camping I have used air mattress. Why not? Itís not like I have to carry the thing far. I have done this with women and there is more. I have even taken the Coleman Queen sized air mattress with battery powered air pump when I car camped by myself. There you have it. I am out of the closet.

AbnMedOps
03-26-2005, 05:01 PM
Hey, no reason to PRACTICE being miserable..you can usually do that right the first time!

Besides, car camping is sorta like Conestoga wagon camping..you're just trying to get something done, not like you're violating some kinda code of purity ethics or aesthetics!

Ralph
03-26-2005, 05:21 PM
One of the earlier things I learned in the army was not to scrimp on my personal comforts when I reasonably could have them available. I figured when the time came for discomfort the army would deliver same in large measure.

I was never disappointed.

Ken
03-26-2005, 05:28 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by Woods Walker:
When going car camping I have used air mattress. Why not? Itís not like I have to carry the thing far. I have done this with women and there is more. I have even taken the Coleman Queen sized air mattress with battery powered air pump when I car camped by myself. There you have it. I am out of the closet. </div></div>ROTFLMAO... /images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

Dave R.
03-26-2005, 07:11 PM
huh??

Dave

Woods Walker
03-26-2005, 07:14 PM
Ultra lightweight camper joke

Kevin
03-26-2005, 10:49 PM
Hey, when I car camp, I use a Coleman air mattress a lot, too. Particularly when I bring a lady friend, as the bed is very comfortable.

So, WW, you're not alone. If it's just me, however, it's a lot simpler.