PDA

View Full Version : Mountainsmith Sleeping Bags

CCH
03-23-2005, 12:07 PM
Not trying to start ANY debate on sleeping bags, insulation or manufacturers but I came across some Mountainsmith Vision 15 degree down bags on Ebay that are going quite cheaply (starting bids are $139.99 and some haven't sold recently). These bags were over $300 originally although I've seen them as low as $260 on closeout. Longs only and probably last year's model. They also have 30 degree Wisps starting at $99.

Patrick speaks very highly of these bags and they are very lightweight (2lbs. 2 ounces for the Vision) so if anyone is in the market for an inexpensive down bag you might want to check them out. I don't know the seller and can't vouch for them but they appear to do a lot of business and have good feedback.

bill s
03-23-2005, 02:51 PM
There must be some closeout/design change thing going on, the other night at my local Sportsmens Warehouse, they had the MS bags, the ultralight wisp and the Cipher on sale at drastic markdowns. Bill

CCH
03-23-2005, 05:41 PM
Just checked out their website and was unable to find any sleeping bags. Perhaps they are just sticking to packs at this time???

Ed T
03-23-2005, 08:02 PM
To all interested in Mountain Smith sleeping bags. Get them while you can. I just recieved an e-mail from Mountain Smith's media rep that they are discontinuing the bags at this time. She said she would let me know if they decide to offer them again in the future.

Ed T

Travis Scott
03-28-2005, 01:30 PM
I've got the vision, and it's an awesome bag. Bargain cave in cabelas, and it was still $200.

CCH
03-29-2005, 09:52 AM
Not that I needed a sleeping bag, but that was too good a deal to pass up, so that is my birthday present this year. Looking forward to trying the Vision out with my new Paratipi.