PDA

View Full Version : Pants

kotz
03-03-2005, 11:22 AM
Has anyone used the combat pants listed below? Please tell me what your thoughts are. http://www.cryeprecision.com/HTLM/products/combat_pants.htm#

Smackdaddyj
03-03-2005, 01:55 PM
I have not used these specifically, but they look like a pretty solid design. Look up Military Moron on the internet...he has quite a few write ups on their stuff to include these pants. My only real beef with them is that they are $175 with the knee pads. No thanks, I will stick with my BDU pants. I have been considering buying their fabric and making my own BDUs with the Multicam fabric though. Have to see if this comes to fruition or not.

Smackdaddyj

Sgathak
03-03-2005, 02:20 PM
TMK, those pants are not yet on the open market, so you might have to wait a while before many people have used them.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have been considering buying their fabric and making my own BDUs with the Multicam fabric though.</div></div>Ive thought about the same thing. $100, even for the pants closest to BDUs is way too much in my opinion. You could probably have a seamstress sew up a decent enough BDU out of the raw fabric.

Ralph
03-03-2005, 04:00 PM
Most BDUs have doubled knees and elbows. If you really need pads it wouldn't be hard to open the seam and insert same, and just a little more complicated to sew in some velcro closure if you wanted the pads removable.

I've found a few nearly new BDU shirts and especially pants damaged (barbed wire can really do a number on the pants) due to be turned in and swiped the buttons, pockets and pieces of fabric. I've added inside pockets to my M65 Jacket, flat pockets for folding knives and so forth from this stuff.

The NYCO temperate and the newer NYCO ripstop BDU parts are available, wear well and are quite inexpensive. A lot of the detailing of these horribly expensive pants and shirts can be added in with a little effort, saves the money for Kifaru gear.