PDA

View Full Version : paratipi pack question

rijrunr
02-25-2005, 03:11 PM
Hello, I just recieved my long anticipated paratipi/small stove opened the box, fondled it, and noticed the tipi, pegs, and poles all come in seperate bags. Do you experienced tipi users put the pegs and poles in with the tipi when packing or pack them seperately? Also, where is the allen wrench located for the stove? Dug around in the bag and it has eluded me thus far. Thanks to everyone in advance for you input.

Patrick
02-25-2005, 04:08 PM
rijrunr--

My crew ships those components seperately--I suppose so you can find 'em quick. I personally carry everthing in the tipi stuffsack. Others may split it up.

There are good places for that allen wrench to hide. I never carry one, I just hand tighten the leg caps and have never needed the wrench. Nevertheless, if that little bugger didn't make it into your stove bag holler and we'll send you one posthaste.

Greer
02-26-2005, 06:23 PM
I have the allen wrench in my stove bag even though I have never used for anything to do with my stove. Since I am carrying it anyways I cut down (marginally, proabably too much time on my hands) on tools I carry by making bolts for my rifle which have the same allen size. Unless you are like me you might as well pretend you lost the allen key rather then worry about what to use it for.

bill s
02-27-2005, 12:13 AM
Ha, that is funny, there's an allen wrench sitting here next to my computer, I'd been wondering why - now it comes back, here's where I had first opened up the kifaru package. So I can restore it to the carry case, though so far it doesn't look like a real necessity.....