PDA

View Full Version : Paratipi in a Pouch

Smackdaddyj
02-04-2005, 06:41 PM
Patrick or Mel...

I am looking to get a Paratipi and Small Stove soon and I like the idea of putting it all in one pouch. That way I can add it to the outside or stick in in the pack if I want and just grab one thing in the dark while knowing that I have all I need to get it set up and out of the elements. So here is the question, what pocket, if any, will hold the tipi, accessories and stove? By accessories, I am talking poles and stakes, although I would be interested to know if the warming tray and snow platform will fit in any of the packs along with the above mentioned. Thanks in advance.

Smackdaddyj

Ken
02-04-2005, 06:54 PM
SD- this should help you.

http://www.kifaru.net/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=3;t=000240

Smackdaddyj
02-04-2005, 07:28 PM
Ken,

Thanks for the link, now to find out about the Small Stove, I seem to remember reading that it would fit in the Back Pouch, but I can't find it now that I am looking. If it would with all the other accessories, then I know what I will be getting with my tipi, if it won't, then I guess I will be getting the pouch anyway, and I will have to put the stove inside the EMR? I will have to rethink that.

Thanks again,
Smackdaddyj

Ken
02-05-2005, 05:00 AM
SD- I just measured my back pouch, it's roughly 15"L x 10"W x 5"D...it will hold my Wiggys Kifaru special sleeping bag...I think it is rated for 1000 cu. in. I would guess that you will have no problem fitting the complete Paratipi setup inside.

Patrick
02-05-2005, 07:23 AM
Smack--

I would come down on the side of leaving these two elements of "camp" seperated. Their respective containers are perfect for the task, and seperate, they are more low-profile, stowable in more places, etc. It's a snap to grab both and carry in one hand--I've done it countless times--whilst you're looking around for that perfect tipi site. You won't forget where you put them, seperately, not a chance.

huntinhick
02-05-2005, 07:59 AM
Well if the Para Tipi will fit in the back pouch will the Para Tarp fit in a side pocket? Ken is there enough room in the back pouch after you put your bag in there for the Para Stove to fit in? If you are using the back pouch would you be able to put a sleep pad (mine's a ridge rest) on the cargo chair and snug it up close to the back?

Huntinhick.

Smackdaddyj
02-05-2005, 08:15 AM
Patrick and Ken --

Thanks for the responses, I will probably get the back pouch along with the tipi/stove combo and then try the different options. I can always use the pouch for other things if it doesn't make it as a tipi holder.

Smackdaddyj

Ken
02-05-2005, 05:34 PM
HH- The back pouch is pretty full with the sleeping bag in it and I don't own a Para-stove, but I doubt it. If your using a Longhunter, you should be able to fit the pad under the pouch.

SD- I picked up the pouch for my Spikecamp in efforts to get it to "overnight" size for me. I have not tried it yet for such a mission as I need something a little smaller than the 8-man...I know that will not fit!! /images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

MontanaMike
02-06-2005, 05:17 PM
SD -

I have a Paratipi, small stove, a back pouch, and a Late Season pack. I fasten the Paratipi in its pouch to the bottom of my pack, and fasten the small stove in its pouch to the back of my pack where the cargo chair normally fastens (the small stove and its pouch will easily sandwhich between the cargo chair and pouch if you want to bring along a cargo chair). This leaves me the entire pack to use for all my other gear, giving me enough room for 3 days/2 nights. If I want to extend my time in the woods, I use the back pouch to pack the extra needed food.

--Mike