PDA

View Full Version : Using two stoves

pintlers
01-31-2005, 07:28 AM
Didn't find where anyone had discussed this before so here is my newbie question. Saw a post where someone mentioned using a small stove for warmer weather and a large stove for cold weather. Since the stove pipes are different sizes (3" vs. 4"), is there any problem with rain/snow coming in around the small pipe when the hole is big enough for the large?

copper
01-31-2005, 09:33 AM
There shouldn't be any trouble as long as you stay within the parameters of the tipi. Iow, probably don't want to try a parastove in a 6man, and so forth.

The stove pipe has an adjustable screw that allows you to work with the fit, slightly. I haven't used my 4man nearly as much as I wanted too, but the fit seems to be pretty universal; I plan on getting a small stove to augment my medium.

It is a good question because when ordering a stove you need to specify what shelter. I know this is for the length of the pipe, but maybe there"is" a diameter issue. Hoppefully someone that knows for sure will add on.

copper
01-31-2005, 09:38 AM
Also interesting, the six man tipi seems to be the only one that allows for three separate stove sizes.