PDA

View Full Version : How does Kifaru do it?

Woods Walker
01-24-2005, 12:49 PM
I showed a friend my small stove and told him the price I paid. He has a metal shop and informed me that the price of Stainless steel has jumped though the roof. He does not understand how the company can make these great stoves at the price they charge! I used the stove for the first time under a tarp and it was tons of fun. I can't wait for my paratipi to come in. I can see how the small stove could heat it in any temp! Zero smoke in my eyes. I went to bed not smelling like a forest fire. Wonderful!

DJ
01-24-2005, 02:32 PM
Underpaid Montana labor.

(About that beer, Ed...)

Patrick
01-24-2005, 03:11 PM
We're still working off the last batch of metal--before the price went bonkers. Next time we restock we may have to adjust prices. Of course, I'm hoping the price comes down before that. Pretty volatile market just now. Lastly, we sell direct--which helps.

Underpaid Montana labor? Never! Top notch mountain running/goat roping/backcountry skiing/stove building men are well paid. And worth it. House rules.

rambler_wannabe
01-24-2005, 04:07 PM
They can be both well paid and underpaid, means they are worth that much more.

DJ
01-25-2005, 08:43 AM
After the discussion of the NASA-designed .22, I think we can rest assured that Mr. T is doing okay and in no need of union representation.

Ed T
01-25-2005, 12:55 PM
Hey Dave,

You going to be at Blackfoot tonight? If so I will try to meet you for a beer.

Ed T

DJ
01-25-2005, 09:05 PM
Sorry, Ed. Meant to give you a call before I took off. I'm in Vegas for work, but I'll be back Thursday night. Gonna try for some whitefish for the smoker this weekend if you're interested (although I just remembered your fish issues), but maybe some bunnies in the Scratchgravels? I'll definitely be up for a brewski next Tuesday as well.

Ed T
01-27-2005, 06:37 AM
Dave,

We are headed to Missoula for a 5k run on Saturday and of course when in Missoula, will have to stop at Sportsmans Warehouse.

The NASA .22 is in with Arnold getting a trigger job so as soon as I get it back a bunny hunt would sound good.

Ed T