PDA

View Full Version : para heat question?

CAMOEDTJ
01-15-2005, 05:03 PM
HELLO ALL
this is my first post here,long time looker,hopefully soon to be owner!! well any ways i was wondering about the different heights that all the tipis have in comparison to the para tipi.and have read alot on how the tipis are verry hot up at the top,but comfy down on the ground where you are sleeping,sitting,ect.but what im wondering is, is seeing how the para is 56" high when im sitting down in the tent wont it be so blazin hot with that amount of head room. or dose a person have to lye down all the time in the tent to have the stove going and not be to hot? i really really want a tipi so bad!! come on TAX MAN! well thanks for your input on this thread.

Ed T
01-15-2005, 05:41 PM
When the Para Tipi overheats, just open a door. You are usually sitting near the door, so it is a quick and easy adjustment.

I kind of take or granted heating with wood as a good part of my life has been living in a cabin heated only with wood. My method is stoke the fire, if it gets too warm turn down the draft on the stove, and if it's still too hot open a door or window. The tipi's are basicly the same, except they heat and cool quicker than a cabin.

Ed T

CAMOEDTJ
01-16-2005, 06:05 PM
hello ed t
well i guess i sohuld have figured that one out huh? how much of an opening does a person need to leave open for ventilation? so as not to die of co, i read some other posts on here earlier on the stove modifacation issues. and i must admit im glad i read them cause i never really gave it much thought with a wood burning stove, as far as people dying from improper ventalation!

imported_Mark
01-17-2005, 05:56 PM
You will not have any risk of CO poisoning in your tipi as long as you do not make any modifications to the stove as it has been mentioned in past post.

Even though the stoves are not air tight the smoke will rise through the stove pipe and out. Keep your stove pipe screens clean and don't make modifications to your stove and you will be just fine.