PDA

View Full Version : Para Tipi, trekking poles, stove pipe, heat?

RTillery
12-04-2004, 06:34 AM
Question for guys using trekking poles in the Para Tipi. (Mine should be done next week, Yeehaa!) I am assuming you put the pole in with the handle up to avoid poking the tip through the top of the tent. If so, have you had any problems with the stove pipe heating up and damaging the hand grip? How far is the stove pipe from the support pole? If you go the other way around, how do you protect the Tipi from the sharp tip?

I am really looking forward to getting this thing and learning how to use it. Planning on going over to unit 60 and do a little scouting between Christmas and New Years if the weather allows travel. Should be a good shake down cruise and if it is a total mess, I can always get up and go into Naturita and stay at the Ray motel:D.

I really enjoy this forum and thank everybody for the information that is shared here.

Patrick
12-04-2004, 07:23 AM
RTillery--

Put grips up in the ParaTipi; tips up in ParaTarp. Remember to extend trek poles for OVERALL 56/26" height, allowing for whatever ground penetration you get with the tips. Don't worry about the stovepipe--it's a couple of feet away from the front pole. Have a great trip!

RTillery
12-04-2004, 08:42 AM
Th\anks Patrick, sounds like I had it figured ok. Did you get you're cow hauled out?
What happened to David's friend on the repossessed elk after his marathon trip?

Patrick
12-04-2004, 11:26 AM
RTillery--

Sure, my cow came home with me. Parted out, of course.

The episode with Dave's pal occurred some miles from where I fetched my elk, and I don't know hardly anything about it, except that he maintains he was given the wrong tag at the place where he bought it, and didn't check it. Bummer of a story!