PDA

View Full Version : Elk survey

Cleve
09-05-2006, 06:40 PM
Colorado board posters(and any other Kifaruites)--

The Colo DOW is asking for input on elk management in GMU 20 -- which is the area near Estes Park and Rocky Mountain Nat'l Park. I think we're all aware that the population up there is way out of control. Anway, you might want to offer opinions through the survey to assure they don't only hear from citified folk who think the overpopulation is a good thing and don't want the animals killed. So honest hunter input is important in the process in my opinion.

If interested check out this link--
http://wildlife.state.co.us/NR/rdonlyres/9A4EEEB4-5F05-4082-B4AA-E6F876A0EEF4/0/E9Questionnaire.pdf

If you want to respond you need to print a copy, fill out your responses and mail it in before 9/17/06.

Personally I have no desire to hunt in the area, certainly not as it now stands. So I have no personal axe to grind. But I think the elk, and the habitat, deserve better than they're getting up there and some input from those of us who know and love them is important.

---Cleve

Smokepole
09-06-2006, 04:48 AM
To the top!!!! Thanks for pointing this out Cleve. As a taxpayer, I objected to the original plan of hiring professional "sharpshooters" to thin the herd because it would cost us $millions, whereas hunters will pay for tags for the same purpose.