PDA

View Full Version : Need help on another CO GMU !

legend
05-27-2006, 06:25 AM
Lottery was unsuccessful. Looking for any suggestions from you Colorado veterans on a 2nd season rifle hunt. What areas are good, maybe a little less hunters, you know, all your honey holes. Just kidding, but any direction would be greatly appreciated. I'm capable and open to any style of hunt. Thanks in advance guys.
Legend

Kevin
05-27-2006, 07:20 AM
Legend, tell us more about you. What do you want? Shape? How you'd get back in?

legend
05-27-2006, 07:55 AM
Kevin,
Ideally, would like to be able to drive (4wd truck) to establish a base camp from which to hunt or bivy from if neccessary.(can bring ATV if advisable). Would also pack in to a wilderness area if that is the best bet. Renting horses a possibilty but would rather hunt than worry about horses. I want to be in the field as the sun rises and leave at dark if possible taking advantage of 1st & last light. (no pm breaks). Would be happy with a decent bull, trophy not neccessary. I'm 47, in athletic condition (cycle and lift). I've been hunting for 37 yrs. Researched 1st season extensively but didn't draw. Just looking for suggestions that would narrow my research a bit from the most experienced group on the web that I know of. Thanks again.