PDA

View Full Version : new kifaru convert...

obscurious ronin
01-19-2006, 06:18 PM
waiting for my paratipi and stove which will be ready next week, but i picked up my long hunter and express (military) backpacks today...i think it's time for a garage sale to get rid of two decades of accumulated outdoor equipment which kifaru has now rendered obsolete.

i'm sure y'all know this already, but i have to say it just the same...i can be a real pain in the arse of a customer but patrick treated me well just the same and the folks at kifaru have been great. the "express" pack (and the "e&e" that will ride piggyback on it) are the "one pack" i've been looking for my whole life: bombproof, modular, built to last a lifetime. this is some seriously good stuff!

i nearly wet myself when i discovered the paratipi and stove...that just opened up another 8 months of backpacking and backcountry hunting for me...i can deal with cold, but i can't deal with bundling up in a sleeping bag for 14 hours with nothing to do because it's cold AND dark...now i can hang out in warmth and DO something in my tent, other than pack myself like a sardine into a sleeping bag.

i haven't gotten my tipi yet so i can't comment on it, but man i love the construction on my backpacks...i've spent thousands on this stuff and still couldn't find "just the right thing." now i think i have...

i plan to get out higher into the rockies next month to test all this stuff out...i suspect i'll be quite happy with it...

wyoelk
01-19-2006, 06:51 PM
You will love the paratipi when it arrives. Five pounds of heated, bombproof comfort.....

Ken
01-19-2006, 07:48 PM
Welcome OR!

Your gonna love the gear...