PDA

View Full Version : Hi great forum

sam
12-10-2005, 11:02 AM
Hello all,
I have been lurking on this forum for quite some time and really enjoy it. I have registered before and posted on or twice before in the past but lost my user ID and password. I visit it frequently and am impressed with the knowledge and skills and mindset of many posters. I live in Newfoundland in eastern Canada and live to hunt and travel the wild country. I enjoy moose,caribou bird and small game hunting as well as fishing. I love backpacking, canoeing and just travelling the country. I have a great interest in traditional bush skills. I have two bird dogs, a little girl and a wife who understands and tolerates my love for the bush. I hunt from a traditional wall tent that I put up in the backcountry every fall and am definitely interested in one Patricks tepees for winter travel.Looking forward to participating in some of the discussions.
regards
Sam

Bushcraft
12-10-2005, 11:29 AM
Welcome Sam!

Smokepole
12-10-2005, 02:40 PM
Welcome aboard, you're right, it's a great forum.

Ken
12-10-2005, 02:43 PM
Welcome Sam! I look foward to hearing about that great land of yours. I have some family that went up there for a Moose/Caribo hunt. They loved it!

Have fun!

William Clunie
12-10-2005, 04:14 PM
Welcome Sam. We're almost neighbors, eh?
William Clunie

PA Scott
12-10-2005, 05:28 PM
Sam,

Welcome aboard! I have fond memories of the moose my grandfather brought back from Newfoundland in the early 1970's. Many a Sunday afternoon was spent enjoying moose roast and football. Pleasant memories from my early teens.

I've been using an 8 man tipi for hunting and ice fishing trips for a couple years now, and it's definitely the way to go.

Think you might be interested in stopping down to the Adirondacks in upstate New York for the East Coast Rondy in early March? You'd have a chance to check out the gear in person, and perhaps tell a tale or two.

Scott

imported_3/4 Slam
12-10-2005, 09:38 PM
Welcome Sam. You live in a good place. I've always wanted to come out to your neck of the woods and chase caribou.

This is a good board with lots of good info and people.

3/4 Slam

Bonasus
12-11-2005, 05:26 AM
Welcome Sam. Tell us a little about your birddogs, if you don't mind. Although I stink at it, I love nothing more than hunting Ruffed Grouse with my setter. When you think about it, how many things do we do in cooperation with another species. And, they enjoy it as much, if not more, than we do.

Dean
12-11-2005, 07:46 AM
Welcome to the board Sam.....