PDA

View Full Version : L. H. fit

ggaff
09-24-2005, 02:37 PM
I have done a search on this forum as well as checked the website and found a few threads on how to fit your longhunter. My problem seems to be that no matter what I do, the bottom of the frame sheet seems to put a lot of pressure at the bottom of my back/top of my butt. After awhile, my left thigh will start to go numb. I am fine while I hunt with the pack during the day with only the weight of my hunting gear. When the pack is fully loaded with 45 lbs or more it gets unconfortable after about 30 minutes. I have a spike camp as well and don't have this problem so I can only guess that the L. H. framesheet is putting pressure just above my butt. Any suggestions on something that I am missing?

Patrick
09-24-2005, 07:14 PM
ggaff--

You may be a "hipless" fellow, meaning you have little or no arc in your lumbar region. Which will focus the arc built into your LongHunter lumbar pad into a narrow span--top-to-bottom--of your lower back. If you've ever been told "you have no butt" you are definitly in need of some flattening of the stays in the lumbar region of your big LH. Feel free to phone the Shop at 800-222-6139 and we'll walk you thru it. Very simple, just have your pack handy. We've done this "fix" many times for the three to five percent of folks who are flat backed, and it works every time. No worries.

No worries even if it's something else, like too tight Delta Straps or....? We'll find it. I'll be in the Shop Monday myself, so just ask for me. look forward to hearing from you.

Wirehair
09-25-2005, 07:40 AM
I had pretty much the same problem with presssure just above the butt when I got 60 lbs or more in the pack. I called their shop, Patrick wasn't in that week so I worked with another guy(sorry forgot his name) and ended up sending my pack back to them to rebuild the stays. I had emailed them pictures of my back profile and they said I had a flat back. Well I got my pack back and it made a hell of a difference. So much better! I should mention that we tried to straighten it over the phone and I ended up breaking a buckle and therefore needed to send it in the be fixed.

I even got to pack out a mountain goat with it 3 weeks ago!!! The pack worked great.

Patrick
09-25-2005, 03:19 PM
Wirehair--

Well, I hope Mr. Gaff and I can get it done over the phone--which is by far the usual case (too bad about that buckle). It was probably our Dave who got you squared away; he is quite capable of standing in for me if I'm out Rambling. Just in time too--bravo on the goat!

Dave R.
09-25-2005, 03:29 PM
yeah...me too...buttless, flat back. Patrick reshaped the aluminum pieces and I was good to go. It made it like a whole new pack for me.

Dave