PDA

View Full Version : question for ADK area guys

Dean
09-11-2005, 03:58 PM
I just got an invite from a friend of mine to hunt his place in the Old Forge area. My question is how is the hunting up that way he's not much of a hunter and its a 5 hour drive one way for me to get there . Kind of a long trip for a weekend hunting area. I think though if the quality of deer is good it may be worth looking into. He was saying some areas of the park around him may not be huntable (off limits) is that true?

Ken
09-11-2005, 06:14 PM
Dean- There are tons of deer in 'downtown' O.F...I saw one eating out of a garbage bag the other mourning...I'll have to post some pics from a buck that we have running around our jobsite on the edge of town. Your gonna luagh.

copper
09-12-2005, 09:26 AM
Dean, generally for those areas there are no doe permits issued. Bucks are no problem. You're more than likely to get a crack at something decent over the course of a weekend.

If the area your friend is taking you is at all remote or at least away from town, you generally count on seeing fewer but seeing bigger.

Cover is generally mixed and usually heavy.

God, Ken. What do you suppose a garbage fed deer would taste like?? Hope he was eating premium garbage! /images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif