PDA

View Full Version : Koala vs Organizer pouch?

amikee
01-20-2017, 04:03 PM
Greetings All

I have a small question that I could not find the answer to.
Found two pouches that could go on the front (or inside) the pack, one being Organizer and other Koala.
Koala is just a bit larger. Organizer little smaller. I found a bunch of treads on Organizer one. But unable to find any info on the other one. Does anyone have any experience with one vs the other? Could one be better than the other? It's "just" a pouch, but it's an important pouch ;) I know it's kind of a silly question maybe and overthinking the whole thing but let's try.

Koala:
Description: Kifaru Koala Lite 2" Pocket in Black Cordura. Pocket measures 11" x 8" x 2", PALS webbing compatible, double zipper, slot pockets w/elastic loops. Great addition to your E&E or GR1 to add easy access storage. The pocket is very flexible and the half zip design prevents the contents from dumping

1000D/500D Organizer
Description: This handy pocket is designed to mount to the outside of your pack for quick retrieval of all that little stuff. It's loaded with assorted zippered and slot pockets, and an elastic band keeps your pens, mini mag lights, etc. at the ready. Ideally suited for Rite in the Rain notebooks and field books. You have excellent access to the inside without losing items when you open it.
1,000d Cordura, water proof interior coating
9.5 oz.
Dimensions: 9"w x 1.5"d x 7.5"h

Your thoughts and/or suggestions?
Mount: malice clip (included)

Any input is appreciated.

Thank you

BuckarooMedic
01-23-2017, 08:26 AM
I've used both pouches. I currently have the Koala pouch on the front of my Scout. Fits like it was designed to go there. Honestly, I like the Koala better. A litter more simple internal organization that allows me to carry the things that I need quickly: smartphone, mini binoculars, headlamp, sunscreen, bug juice, etc. Plus, I like the two, big slot pockets against the back of the pouch better than the mesh pocket on the front of the Organizer. My Organizer used Malice clips to mount, I believe they use Kifaru's Lock-n-load system on the Organizer now. The Koala pouch I have also uses this system which I prefer over Malice clips. My Organizer was the 1000D Cordura, I think they only make them in 500D now. The Koala pouch is 500D and I have not seen any disadvantages with the lighter weight material. Trust me; it is getting a lot of abuse and still looks new.

Hope this helps,

Take care

medic16
01-23-2017, 10:36 PM
I run a Kifaru Koala Lite 2" Pocket on the front of my G1 Zulu. Like Buckaroomedic's, mine has held up great. I like the simple organization as well. I store eye protection, gloves, ear plugs, pocket knife, notebook, and various other items.

amikee
01-25-2017, 02:25 PM
Thank you guys. Great info

widowshooter
01-25-2017, 02:35 PM
I think it depends on what you want it to do for you and how small of a footprint you want on the front of your chest. Once you figure that out, you'll have your answer.

amikee
01-28-2017, 06:50 AM
Thank you widowshooter