PDA

View Full Version : Nomad wing pocket cut

daemon
05-31-2016, 10:19 PM
Hi everyone, I just joined up but have been reading through the site for a few months. I bought a used Nomad a few months ago, and found a cut on one of the inside wing pockets. Looks like it was made with a knife - it's a clean cut. The cut is about 1 1/4" long approx 1 inch in from the frame side of the pocket. What would be the best way to repair the cut? I'm thinking of using a hot needle to melt the ends of the cut (kinda like stop drilling), then melting the edges of the cut, then sewing the cut. Luckily the cut isn't structural. This site is awesome for someone getting back in the game after a lot of years away...thanks!

shtfco
05-31-2016, 10:24 PM
Id say send it to the shop they will fix it for you and pretty cheap. If your handy thats an easy sew job. Welcome to the forums.

lineman78
05-31-2016, 10:43 PM
My guess is that the previous owner made it for a hydration hose. Like James said, send it to the shop if you don't want to do it yourself. For an easier repair if you aren't super handy with a needle but still wanted to do it yourself would be to patch it with a small piece of webbing. The newer pack designs use elastic webbing to cover the hydration ports.

digemout
06-01-2016, 08:10 AM
Or send it to David at Native Textiles in CO for repair. He does a lot of repair and cuts on work on various packs and outdoor gear.

DVLSBRGD
06-01-2016, 11:58 AM
Or send it to David at Native Textiles in CO for repair. He does a lot of repair and cuts on work on various packs and outdoor gear.

https://www.ntcolorado.com/products/custom-work

daemon
06-01-2016, 10:29 PM
Thanks, everyone! I hadn't even thought about a port for the hydration pack. I figured he accidentally dropped his knife. Thanks for the link to Native Textiles too - bookmarked. I think I'll give this one a go - I'm fairly good with a needle and thread. Cheers!