PDA

View Full Version : Kifaru Colorado Backcountry Rendezvous

Sawtooth
06-16-2015, 06:06 PM
Just a WARNO that the CBR will be held on August 22-23. The general location and plan will be very similar to years past. Details to follow. We hope to see you there!

MojoSlim
06-16-2015, 06:39 PM
Thanks for getting the dates out there, Saw! Now to see if Nautilus is between semesters at that time.

widowshooter
06-17-2015, 03:06 AM
This is awesome, I won't have any work requirements to keep me from this as of right now.

robcollins
06-17-2015, 07:09 PM
Mojo, will bring supplies so you don't have to carry all that weight. Good thing Mountainmatters recovered. Ha! Will also work on percussion for session work.. Hope you & Nautilus can make it!

Widowshooter, I don't know how I missed you at the spring rondy, look forward to meeting you!

widowshooter
06-18-2015, 10:18 AM
Rob,

I was all over the place at the last rondy, but I also look forward to meeting you at the BCR.

Sawtooth
08-08-2015, 10:15 PM
August 22-23, 2015 (SIXTH ANNIVERSARY)

This is a backpack or packstock only affair. There is no mechanized access to the rendezvous. It's between 4-5 miles from either of two trailheads, and I would classify it as moderate difficulty. For you veterans, we'll camp in the same location as last year.

We always plan the food as BYO and be prepared to share your vittles. Some very interesting food shows up in camp. gonehuntn and I will hike in with his burros, which will keep the menu way beyond Mountain House meals!

With lots of trails to explore, water to fish, and wildlife to watch, this gathering will be one of the highlights of your year.

I'd like to gather RSVPs in the next few days for the Colorado Backcountry Rendezvous. Send them via a reply here or PM.

Jon S
08-09-2015, 06:24 AM
Plan is to bring Kimber and myself. May have the wifey talked into it as well, which would include a 2 year old. Still working on that plan. Hope your summer was good, back to work tomorrow for us!

Patrick
08-09-2015, 08:18 AM
I'll be there. When you get a headcount I'll bring either the 16 man or 24 man tipi and stove. And we should link up at trailhead so that we can load same onto the critters. This will be a fine old time!

chokedee
08-10-2015, 03:07 AM
I will be there. I sent you a PM for more information. I enjoyed the Rondy 3 months ago here in South Park.

widowshooter
08-10-2015, 06:25 AM
I will be there, hopefully with the family and my nephew. More to follow on the accompanying guests.

chokedee
08-12-2015, 05:58 AM
Is anyone who is going on this Rondy a ham radio operator? I have no idea where I will be going and can carry a 2 meter HT. I don't know if any repeaters can be
hit from the trail or site so maybe the national simplex frequency is the only way to meet up. I have ham friends/guests who may be coming Saturday afternoon and they may be lost too, so I can help them since I will go Friday. I am mostly a HF guy so if anybody on the forum has some VHF pointers for me, I would be interested. PM me if you want to discuss a communication strategy or can enlighten me.

Sawtooth
08-17-2015, 07:59 PM
chokedee,

PMs have been sent to all who RSVPd, including you. If you have any questions at all about the rondy, don't hesitate to call me this week. I'm happy to help. There are a few who are going in Friday, so you'll be in good company. Check your PM and feel free to coordinate with whomever is going in Friday. See you soon!

COShunter
08-18-2015, 07:44 AM
Regretfully, I will not be able to attend. Other half''s daughter is getting married Friday evening and will family and friends coming in, I have to stay in COS. She said I could go if I wanted, but do not want to live with her wrath for years.
Have a great time and hope to read lots about it and see pictures.
Rex

MojoSlim
08-18-2015, 12:19 PM
I'm not able to make this, either. The in-laws will be visiting for a little over a week.

Rob, don't let this stop you from playing some percussion on stoves/pots/mugs, etc.

Will try for next spring!

robcollins
08-18-2015, 01:17 PM
Crap, I'll have to step up my game. I don't know if drummer with a kazoo will quite match having you on guitar, Mojo! Everyone else had better plan on drinking more & singing along...

widowshooter
08-18-2015, 04:00 PM
I'll have my pack. It's the only way I can carry a tune.

robcollins
08-18-2015, 11:33 PM
I'll have my pack. It's the only way I can carry a tune.

You should bring a bucket, I can probably do a good job beating on one...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYBB1clC44c