PDA

View Full Version : Hehehehehehe....

Yukon Hunter
10-30-2004, 07:47 AM
Finally. After a whole year of getting skunked...
http://www.hunt101.com/img/217823.jpg
Too bad I didn't cinch up the Cargo Chair a little better...
http://www.hunt101.com/img/217659.jpg

powder river
10-30-2004, 07:52 AM
Magnificient!

archer
10-30-2004, 07:58 AM
Nice one Yukon...Is that the whole caribou on your back or just the front half? Looks like a pack to be proud of.

Sawtooth
10-30-2004, 09:19 AM
YH,

You're one TOUGH hunter! What a great bull! With my little body, I don't think I could ever hoist that kind of load onto my back and waist, let alone haul it out! Looks cold, but with that monstrous load, I doubt if you had trouble staying warm! Great job.

Nevada Dan
10-30-2004, 10:24 AM
Excellent! (Like others)I was hoping you would post these pictures here. Patrick is going to do a double take when he sees his hauler /images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif /images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif /images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif !

Like Sawtooth said, If I tried to hoist that load, I'd become a permanently sunken fence post, planted up to my knees somewhere in the frozen tundra until spring.

Congrat's on a great looking hunt!
Great pictures too!

-Dan

David Walter
10-30-2004, 11:04 AM
An old sourdough showed us kids how to do the "cut in the middle and carry them out in halves" method a few years back on Kodiak, 'cause the march to camp was far and we were not at the top of the food chain.

No time to dwaddle!!

Nice bull, BTW.

What rifle did you use?

imported_3/4 Slam
10-30-2004, 12:26 PM
Great Job Yukon Hunter. Congratulations.

RTillery
10-30-2004, 12:33 PM
The stuff memeories are made of!! Congratulations. We may have to change your name to Peterbuilt.

I have a brother in law, ex butcher and we did an elk like that. Slit them between the 3rd and 4th rib and take them apart at the backbone. They come out close to even. Is this how you did it?

We may have to change your name to Peterbuilt.

Yukon Hunter
10-30-2004, 02:23 PM
Thanks, all-
Archer, like RTillery said, this 'bou was split at the third rib. I'm pretty sure, though, that if you leave the head/horns on, the front is significantly heavier than the back. Luckily, we only had to go about six hundred yards.
Saw, I'm not a tough hunter- just desperate. Heck, if he'd have weighed another five pounds, I'd have just gone at him with a Zippo and a fork right on the spot...

eric
10-30-2004, 04:34 PM
Congrats Yukon, hows the back holding up after that load.Still trying to talk the family into moving up to the Yukon.We did move to Tumbler ridge this summer.Nice place, the Murray river is right in our back yard. The elk hunting is suppose to be GOOD,was down to Dawson Creek a while back and visited the outdoor store,they had a elk on the wall that scored 372 after deductions,what a elk,supposedly taken along the Murray.How was your moose season this year? Let us know if any monsters taken.
Later Eric

Yukon Hunter
11-01-2004, 06:38 AM
Eric-
Back's okay- I'm flying down to Vancouver on the 12th to see my surgeon. glad Tumbler Ridge is treating you well- really is nice country and, from what I've heard, there's plenty of game. No Moose for me this year- after five years of getting my Bull first time out, I went out 8 times this year and got skunked. Good thing the Caribou were plentiful...
I have a question aimed at those of you with lots of experience with the Longhunter. Once I load my normal Sheep-hunting gear into my pack, the Cargo Shelf only pokes out an inch or so- not much of a platform to set game on. How do you get around this?

archer
11-01-2004, 06:48 AM
There are three pairs of clip recievers on the longhunter. One set on the frame and two sets on the bottom of your bag. Just put the cargo chair on the furthest set of clips that are on the bag itself. Hope that helps.... /images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Yukon Hunter
11-01-2004, 05:28 PM
Archer-
Of COURSE. Man, do I feel stupid...

eric
11-01-2004, 08:19 PM
Hey Yukon, sure hope that surgeon does you okay. Tell me, how does caribou cook up lots of people tell me its horrible. I have never had bou before,grew up on moose meat, pa never did go after anything else? planning a caribou hunt next year so hopefully some steaks will end up on the barbeque. Deer season opened today in our part of BC,just finished skinning a decent whitetail,guessing will score close to 150, a nice mature deer. Now if I only had one of those digital cameras and new how to post pictures??? Maybe one will find its way under the tree this year.Take care of that back Yukon.
Later Eric

Matt in AK
11-06-2004, 03:03 PM
Great caribou. Nice rack...but an absolutely gorgeous white cape!!! Thanks for sharing the pics.

Yolla Bolly
11-06-2004, 08:01 PM
All right, sir!!!!