PDA

View Full Version : NEWS ALERT!!! 3 New Packs!!!

Mel
10-02-2002, 03:01 PM
Hey guys, just got back from Kifaru, and have some great news. After lots of hard work and development, that's been ongoing for awhile, we are about to release 3 new packs. They will be doing a photo shoot at the shop this Friday. The photos should be on the website next week.

I can give a few details of the new packs. They will all have a new waistbelt designed by Patrick, which will be called the Military Omni Belt. There will be 2 versions of this, depending on the pack. The fit of this belt is amazing.

The first pack will be called the "Marauder". It will be a small assault pack with a capacity of approx. 2000 cubic inches. This will be a panel loader with a tuck-away waistbelt. You will also be able to adjust the torso length with the shoulder straps. It will have removable internal aluminum stays. PALS webbing of course, for totally modularity. There are a couple of other features that will be revealed next week on the website.

The next pack will be the "Pointman", which will have approx. 3000 cubic inches. It will be a zip top loader, with a zip bottom access. The accessibility of this pack is pretty amazing. The suspension system of this pack will be similar to the EMR, but the frame will not remove from the bag. The waistbelt will be removable, so different sizes can be offered, or you can use the pack as a shoulder loader, without the waistbelt. Again, total modularity, with PALS all over the pack.

Finally the "Pack With No Name", has a name. After much discussion and voting at the shop, it will be called the "Navigator". As most of you know, it will be a 4000 cubic inch panel loader. It will be a panel loader with a separate zip access sleeping bag compartment. There will be a removable internal divider separating the two compartments. This is a very stealthy pack with lots of headroom. Yes, you can shoot in the prone with this pack on. This pack will definately fill a niche between the 3 Day type packs and full size rucks. Like all the Kifaru packs, totally modular with PALS webbing. A few surprises left, that you will see next week.

In keeping within Kifaru's tradition of "modular and multifunctional", these packs will be able to interact with one another. The Marauder will be able to "high mount" or "low mount" to the Pointman, Navigator, or EMR, with the appropriate adaptor kit. The Pointman, the same, to the Navigator or EMR. Also, the Marauder and Pointman will be able to be mounted to the EMR frame and cargo chair, which can also be purchased separately now, as the Military Hauler. There will be photos of this on the website next week. Well, that's about it for now. Stay tuned!!

Mel

eggroll
10-03-2002, 12:07 AM
this is good news....
color options - If I were to bet on it - OD, WoodyCam, Black (gotta be fashionable ;-)), cad/mar/Jungly-stalker patt - 3DD, and tan.

Hey Mel how was the trip? Anyway to get pix ahead of time, so I can 'preach' and extol the virtues of the packs :-))))

Egg

Nimbo
10-03-2002, 10:39 PM
Three new packs, the hard part is deciding which one would fit my needs best. At least its a win win situation.

One question I got if you are going to be offering the packs in different colors, could I get an OD pack with brown PALS webbing?

Jan
10-05-2002, 12:29 AM
Hi,
pleeeeaaase hurry up with the pictures!
Must wait till then!
Must decide between Lightfighter RAID pack and Marauder!
Thanks,
Jan

PHfactor
10-05-2002, 02:51 PM
This is really great news.I will be relocating to Utah for a couple years,so I'll be dropping in on you at your shop Patrick.
I like to put the stuff on my body before I buy.And I would like to see how my chest rig marry's to your EMR.I tried on a scout at mels about a year ago and I really liked it.
I can't wait to check out your entire line.I also think that Marauder and Navigator are excellent names,I'll be seeing you soon.
PHfactor

eggroll
10-05-2002, 08:45 PM
to tell you the truth - I dont know what to think

I have an EMR and Scout, yet I am torn between the Marauder and the Navigator packs.

I have seen pics of both new packs and from what I have seen I am NOT getting a RAID, for I am holding out for a Marauder pack which offers definite useful features over those offered by the RAID, and yes there will be a price premium for the Maruader over that of the RAID. IMO I believe that the premium is justifiable based on the features available standard on this pack.

Before you say it or wonder, I am NOT a paid spokesperson for Kifaru, I just happen to know these folks first hand, and KNOW a quality, American made product when I see it- and will have no qualms in buying these packs when they become available.

EGG

HTH

Jan
10-06-2002, 12:41 AM
eggroll
Thanks for the good info.
Seems like you are really THE man to listen to when it comes to this topic. Could you elaborate further on the advantages of the Marauder over the RAID? I'm really interested!! I've not yet been a Kifaru costumer, but from what I hear both Kifaru and Eagle are absolutely superb companies. In the last couple of months it seemed like the RAID was the hottest thing since sliced bread!?
Anyway, if you have pictures that are not yet known to the general public, feel free to email me anytime at Jan.Vervoorst@gmx.de /images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif /images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

Recce Gear
10-06-2002, 12:00 PM
Lucky for me that I will be linking up with Mel at the Del Mar Gun show on the 19th and 20th and will be making my decision on which pack or packs I am going to buy. For those of you that live in or near southern cali this will be a great opportunity to try on and play with all 5 offerings from Kifaru as well as all of the new pockets and accesories. Like Egg said, I am in no way affiliated with Kifaru, but I do believe in their product line and their focus.

PHFactor, I too am moving to Utah in a couple of months and am planning on making a few trips up to the factory myself.

PHfactor
10-06-2002, 06:09 PM
Hey drtywk,
I'll be somewhere in the vicinity of Pleasent Grove about Oct.25 looking for a place to settle in.I plan on making a trip to Kifaru soon after the crossroads of the west gunshow in Salt Lake on Nov.23-24.
If your in the area about that time drop me a line.
PHfactor

Jan
10-07-2002, 02:10 PM
Hi,
great packs! Seems like you were right, Eggroll, the Marauder has some real advantages over the RAID.
Now some questions:
- both the Navigator and Marauder have great access to an almost perfectly box-shaped interior. Could somebody supply me with the measurements of the interior of these two packs ( heigth x width x depth). Thanks!!
- I'm a little confused about the Horizontal Lash Kit. /images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif It says that the kit consists of 3 straps and 3 Slick Clips. Does that mean that there's 3 straps, each with its own male/female side release buckles so that one kit gets me three additional compression straps? Or does one Kit equal one extra compression strap plus hardware?
Please excuse my stupidity /images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

Nimbo
10-07-2002, 07:35 PM
I am loving the new packs, and I really like the pack front page with the comparison chart. Really shows how the Kifaru MG pack family now has no holes in it. Now its time ti pick what I want and scrape the cash together

eggroll
10-07-2002, 08:57 PM
The horizontal lashes are straps with buckles on either end to mate up with the pack and the slik clips that partition out the webbars to las any and all materials to the body of pack in question. Each kit should have 3 straps.

volumetrically, the Mpack is a tad more than 2000 cubes while the navigator pack weighs in just over 4000 cubes

Mel should be able to supply approximate dimensions.

If I had my choice I would have picked the navigator pack out of the lineup - this would do me for 5-8 days in the sticks, and the Mpack for general purpose schluffing about.

EGG

sak45acp
10-08-2002, 09:16 AM
Thanks, guys. I had just decided what gear I was going to buy, almost had the credit card out, and BAM!, 3 new packs! Now I have to go through my decision making process again! You sure do make it hard on a people.

Jan
10-08-2002, 11:27 AM
The possibilities are once again endless!!
Who can come up with the biggest number of pocket configurations for the new packs?
For example, all three new packs allow you to attach a longpocket to each side. But is it also possible to attach another two longpockets vertically onto the front of the Navigator (to make that a total of four)????
Any other ideas?

Nimbo
10-10-2002, 06:51 AM
The ability to add on as many pockets as needed onto the packs is a real bonus. I can get a smaller pack and add on pockets as desired. I am thinking a Pointman myself. But then again I plan on carrying some gear on a bike to spread the load out.

eggroll
10-10-2002, 10:44 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by Jan:
The possibilities are once again endless!!
Who can come up with the biggest number of pocket configurations for the new packs?
For example, all three new packs allow you to attach a longpocket to each side. But is it also possible to attach another two longpockets vertically onto the front of the Navigator (to make that a total of four)????
Any other ideas?</div></div>On the EMR you have the capability, and IIRC the Navigator is also the same width of the EMR thus it follows that four across should would work.

EGG

Mel
10-10-2002, 11:13 AM
You can fit 2 Long Pockets vertically, side by side, on both the Mararuder and Navigator, on the front panel.

The dimensions of the Marauder are 19.5" in height, 5.5" deep, and 12-15" tapering from the top, in width.

The Navigator dimensions are 25" in height, 8-10" in depth tapering from the top, and 12-16" in width, again tapering from the top.

These are approximate dimensions taken from the bags, and not the patterns. Also, the capacities are not measured by just cubing out the dimensions. That is not a true capacity when fully loaded. If the packs were a hard shell box, you could cube out the dimensions, but with the nylon there is a lot of expansion.

I hope this has helped a little, and I'll be happy to answer any more questions on this subject.

Mel

Jan
10-10-2002, 11:58 AM
Very cool!! Thank you! /images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif