PDA

View Full Version : Winter Rondy, CO, fire wood cutting trip

Jon S
11-15-2014, 09:27 PM
Anybody want to head up in the next few weeks to lay some wood down for a fun time in February?

eknopins
11-16-2014, 08:11 AM
In general I am off Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday and could help lay in some wood on those days. In the next two weeks I will be busy and I go elk hunting Dec. 13th.

I hope that this year the rondy is not scheduled Valentine's day weekend. The 14th is a Friday.

Sawtooth
11-16-2014, 01:17 PM
Normally the winter rondy is held on Presidents Day weekend, but I'll post a poll and see what will work for the majority.

widowshooter
11-16-2014, 09:10 PM
I was hoping to be back in Colorado in a couple of weeks for Thanksgiving, but the in-laws decided to come out to Kansas, I would have enjoyed this event.

Jon S
11-16-2014, 09:42 PM
Widowshooter, it's not til February for the Rondy, wood cutting may happen sometime after thanksgiving. I may head up Monday of Thanksgiving but would prefer a few folks to tag along as chainsaws and falling trees is not best done solo!

widowshooter
11-17-2014, 05:32 AM
I'd like to attend this in February, and even make the wood cutting, but I am not sure if that will happen. I'll keep a close eye on this and keep checking on dates with you and see if I can make it.

MDS
11-19-2014, 12:26 AM
I'd love to help with the prep work. Once a date is set, I can say whether I can make it.

eknopins
11-19-2014, 09:46 AM
Now I understand why the Rondy is scheduled near Valentine's and I will cope with that schedule.

Good news. I am to be laid off from my seasonal ranger job mid December so after that I can cut wood and otherwise play in the woods.

robcollins
11-19-2014, 08:02 PM
Depending on job situation & date, I'd love to go. Will be watching, Jon. If so, I've got a 20" saw & a sled, axe, maul, rope, and could probably muster some tannerite for those really pesky trees...