PDA

View Full Version : Flying with a LH

Don Browning
09-02-2004, 02:10 AM
I will be going to Alaska with my LH in about a week. I have a rifle case, and a packed rolling duffel (both under 50lbs). I was hoping to take the Long Hunter (essentially unloaded) aboard as carry-on. It seems I remember doing this before, but not recently. Has anyone had any experience flying with their LH, and have you had any trouble checking it as carry-on (I'm a little worried that it's too tall).
Doc

rambler_wannabe
09-02-2004, 02:19 AM
which airline? and do you have frequent flyer status with them? It definitely will make a difference these "you have to pay extra to talk to a real person" days.

Don Browning
09-06-2004, 12:26 PM
I will be flying Delta to Anchorage, and have a gun case, and a rolling duffel, both under 50lbs, although the rifle case is bigger than their allowed dimentions (I think they make exceptions for a gun case). I want to carry on the Long Hunter with just a few odd and ends (clothing). Does anyone have experience with this?
Doc

Jim T
09-06-2004, 01:35 PM
If you compress it in all directions you might get away with it, but I wouldn't count on it. It is a pretty big pack.

Jim

Kevin
09-06-2004, 03:05 PM
Check with your airline, I think you're better off putting the Longhunter in your duffel. United has a steel frame, and if any dimension is too large, you're out.

I'm 99% certain the LH is too big for carry on.