PDA

View Full Version : Tragic News about our own Dan Bussinger's family

Patrick
03-28-2014, 06:16 PM
I've just returned from three glorious days in remote backcountry to be met with news most tragic and surprising.

Our own Dan Bussinger's middle son, Henry, was killed in a car crash Tuesday night.

We have watched the Bussinger boys--Isaac, Henry and Garrett--grow up due to their perennial appearances at all ten Kifaru Spring Rendezvous. Henry had the most wonderful grin God ever bestowed on a kid. He made it to fifteen years. Oh Lord, Dan and Lisa are experiencing the most horrible event that can ever befall parents. Please pray for them and for the fine sons remaining--Isaac and Garrett.

Details: Rosary and visitation at the Forbes Funeral Home in Parsons, Kansas Sunday evening. The funeral will be at St. Patrick's Church in Parsons at 10:00 AM Monday.

Patrick

GlennGTR
03-28-2014, 06:39 PM
Too sad an event for any parent to comprehend. My prayers go out to the family.

Ralph
03-28-2014, 07:18 PM
Condolences to the family, Patrick. Sad news, indeed.

rhunter424
03-28-2014, 07:35 PM
Terrible terrible news. Please also send them my condolences Patrick.

Kmassaro
03-28-2014, 07:54 PM
To those who don't know him, I can't remember a rondy without Dan and his boys. Great kids one and all. To lose Henry is a tragedy. And to a diligent father like Dan, who put a ton of effort into raising the boys...doing it right...I am sure that Dan and Lisa are just a wreck right now.

I've never met Lisa, but have shared a few camps, hunts, stories and good old conversations with Dan. No better man out there, folks.

For anyone near them, or going by, bring a good premade dinner. They probably don't even have the strength to cook.

God bless all of them.

Sawtooth
03-28-2014, 08:17 PM
Dan and Lisa are good people, the best, and they're raising fine sons in the best possible way. They're friends of ours, and our collective children spent many hours playing together at the rendezvous. We pray for them at this tragic time. May peace be with you, Bussinger Family.

Curtis C
03-28-2014, 08:53 PM
WOW sad deal for sure. I'm still learning and connecting real names and forum user names. I do remember a few young but wise woodsman at last years Spring Rondy. Seems they were from Kansas. One of those young men split wood and feed the stove as good as the best if not better.

Prayers for all.

Kmassaro
03-28-2014, 11:00 PM
You're spot on, Curtis. That was the youngest, Garrett, as I recall.

Great kids. Raised very well by great people.

Jon S
03-28-2014, 11:09 PM
There will be a few folks headed from the Denver area on Sunday morning early. If you want to join, please pm me with contact info so we can keep you in the loop.
This is a tragedy that befuddles many of us, a great family full of love and great parents. My wife remembers all the boys after only a few brief interactions. She recalled what a great job Dan had done based on their politeness, their genuine personalities and calm demeanor.
Prayers of healing are needed for Dan, Lisa, Garrett and Isaac! Many are being sent from near and far.
I know Henry is looking down worried about his parents right now as that's the kind of young man they were raising, a family man that puts others first.

IrishnId
03-28-2014, 11:32 PM
Sorry for there loss.

Patrick
03-28-2014, 11:39 PM
Forgive me for not telling those of you who don't personally know Dan that his Board handle here is Ozark Rambler. Long timer on these forums.

beastmode
03-29-2014, 01:08 AM
Extremely sad. The world has lost a fine young man. Condolences to Dan and his family.

live2hunt
03-31-2014, 11:55 PM
This is just awful! My sincere condolences.

ozarkrambler
04-01-2014, 12:27 PM
Id like to thank everyone for their thoughts and prayers in these horribly painful times.

Id also like to thank Patrick, Steve, and Big Jon for making the long journey here to be with me and my family. Words cant describe how much we appreciate it. (The Jameson toast for Henry at the house was soothing to the soul...thanks guys)

I dont know what the future will bring but I hope to see you all in May.

Thanks again

Sawtooth
04-01-2014, 05:29 PM
Praying for you and yours, my friend...

wolfmen
04-02-2014, 03:42 AM
May God comfort you and you family.
Will keep you in my prayers.

mark s
04-02-2014, 12:31 PM
Dan,

I am so, so sorry for your loss. You and your family are in our prayers. He was a great kid to be proud of. I am glad to have had the opportunity to have hung out with him at the Rondies.

Mark