PDA

View Full Version : KU Pack waist belts

widowshooter
03-28-2014, 02:48 PM
Can these be switched out with another set of the Kifaru belts, like the duplex or wraptech? My curiousity is getting the best of me as I am sitting at my desk, pretending to do work.

KurtB
03-29-2014, 08:06 AM
Curious here too.

widowshooter
03-31-2014, 08:51 PM
So this thread has been looked at 87 times and only one reply and it's from someone who is curious like me. Aron, Mel, anyone......

shtfco
03-31-2014, 11:31 PM
I cant remember if its the KU Packs or the Bikini that use the 3/4 inch webbing?

floranama
04-01-2014, 07:58 AM
Can these be switched out with another set of the Kifaru belts, like the duplex or wraptech? My curiousity is getting the best of me as I am sitting at my desk, pretending to do work.

Do you mean putting a non-KU belt on a KU pack or KU belt on a standard pack?

The KU pack webbing is smaller than the 1" on the tactical/hunting belts. BUT, the Bikini frame webbing is the same size. At least my CB Bikini with CB webbing is... I did try to to put a tactical/omni belt onto a KU 2200 (wanted a PALS belt on the 2200), but it didn't work well because of the smaller ladder locks. May have to try the Bikini belt idea. Didn't think of it until I started typing this reply...

widowshooter
04-01-2014, 04:49 PM
I was thinking about a non-KU belt on the KU pack. I may have to call the shop on this one.....

DeepMauka
04-01-2014, 08:21 PM
I believe they do not fit. I emailed a while back about that because the belt on my KU3700 is a medium and I needed a small. Pretty sure KU belts are specific to the packs and not interchangeable, but I would call kifaru to be 100% sure

widowshooter
04-01-2014, 09:24 PM
I don't think they are either, but I figured somebody on this board would have tried it. I will probably give the shop a call in the morning to be sure.

widowshooter
04-02-2014, 05:20 PM
I didn't call the shop today, rather another forum member sent me an email that provided some insight. The KU belt deltas run 3/4" webbing vs. the 1" standard for all the other belts Kifaru makes. This is probably a simple mod to make the other belts work, for those of you interested in trying this out.

KurtB
04-04-2014, 08:24 PM
I emailed them yesterday, waiting for a response. I am okay with just getting a small waist belt for the KU3700 and hope once I hear from them that I can do that.

widowshooter
04-05-2014, 11:03 AM
Another member has modified a Wraptech belt for me. I will try it out and see how it works and let you know how it turns out. I am pretty stoked to get it.

firecog
04-05-2014, 11:55 AM
Another member has modified a Wraptech belt for me. I will try it out and see how it works and let you know how it turns out. I am pretty stoked to get it.

That would be me.
The suspension on the KU is the Wraptech suspension, so it will interface with the Wraptech and Duplex belts, at least the newer Duplex belts with the two hypalon 'pockets' on the back of the belt to accept the bottom ends of the stays (I actually sent widowshooter a Duplex).
The only problem with putting it on the KU is that the delta straps on the belt are 1" and the connection on the KU is a 3/4" buckle (if Kifaru comes back witht the KU line, I'd say make it all 1", a little weight penalty, but much easier to interface with everything else).
There are a couple different ways to adapt the belt. It would be pretty easy to cut the 1" webbing down near the belt and tack on a length of 3/4". T
he other easy way, without permanently modifying the belt or pack, is just to use K connectors. Run the delta straps on the belt through the ladderlocks and hook the G-hooks onto the KU. This will bring the ladderlock closer to the belt, but that's the mod I did for now so he could try it out.
I'm curious to see how it works out.

widowshooter
04-07-2014, 06:03 PM
Gents,

The package from Firecog came in today. I will begin to mess with it some and let you know how it goes from there later tonight after I had a chance to figure it out. I can't promise pictures, as the forum baffles me on the picture pasting process. But I will definitely let you know how it goes.