PDA

View Full Version : New Kifaru KU Long Pocket?

floranama
01-29-2014, 08:57 PM
Have you all seen the picture of the KU Long Pocket lately? Is there a new version? I haven't looked at that product for awhile because I already have them (original). What happened to the two compression straps? It looks like they attach by 3 bars rather than D&L.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/01/30/te5ujyju.jpg

beachbunny
01-31-2014, 08:01 PM
belt pouch maybe?

74 or more
02-01-2014, 01:35 PM
Kind of looks like a chamber pocket. I would love if they made some KU chamber pockets or L&Ls.

floranama
02-02-2014, 09:26 AM
Kind of looks like a chamber pocket. I would love if they made some KU chamber pockets or L&Ls.

I thought the same as you and beachbunny, but it is still listed with the 500d long pocket and with the same specs. 650 c.i. would be a huge belt pouch or interior pocket...

Pat K
02-05-2014, 07:11 AM
Actually, I think Patrick would have some hot sellers if he made Lock-n-Loads out of KU materials...Think about it. Lock-n-Loads are largel used inside packs for organization, like pullouts, so they don't need to be made out of super heavy duty materials. I have a Marauder and an XTL that both have lock-n-loads attached to the Molle inside. I have been seriously thinking of sending several of my KU pullouts to either Firecog or Eggroll to have L-n-L anchors attached to them. Lower weight and more compressable when empty. Small and med/large pullouts with a couple dollars of material and a half an hour or so of time will replace almost all my LnLs that have similar sizes and footprints. My current LnLs could go in my EDC stuff, or on the outsides of my packs since they are tougher. I currently have a #1 on the outside of my EDC pack to hold my keys while I am at the gym.

pat

floranama
02-05-2014, 08:28 AM
Actually, I think Patrick would have some hot sellers if he made Lock-n-Loads out of KU materials...Think about it. Lock-n-Loads are largel used inside packs for organization, like pullouts, so they don't need to be made out of super heavy duty materials. I have a Marauder and an XTL that both have lock-n-loads attached to the Molle inside. I have been seriously thinking of sending several of my KU pullouts to either Firecog or Eggroll to have L-n-L anchors attached to them. Lower weight and more compressable when empty. Small and med/large pullouts with a couple dollars of material and a half an hour or so of time will replace almost all my LnLs that have similar sizes and footprints. My current LnLs could go in my EDC stuff, or on the outsides of my packs since they are tougher. I currently have a #1 on the outside of my EDC pack to hold my keys while I am at the gym.

pat

Agree that the KU material L&L should come around. I have been using a combination of KU belt pouches and pullouts in my Marauder and other packs. Also, attaching at least one 3 bar slider on the common loops would be better than having to buy or fashion something to attach the Pull Outs to webbing. Putting a L&L the size of a Long Pocket would take up almost half the space inside of the Marauder.

Still wondering what the new picture of the KU Long Pocket represents though. I would would think that putting a Long Pocket sized L&L on the exterior of a pack without compression would make it a little floppy. Especially true if you own the KU packs where the mounts are common loops, not webbing.

floranama
02-11-2014, 09:30 AM
Have you all seen the picture of the KU Long Pocket lately? Is there a new version? I haven't looked at that product for awhile because I already have them (original). What happened to the two compression straps? It looks like they attach by 3 bars rather than D&L.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/01/30/te5ujyju.jpg

Kifaru/Patrick/Mel/Aron,
Can one of you chime in on what the new KU Long Pocket picture is? There is probably an easy answer, but we all know about assumptions...

Mel
02-11-2014, 10:15 AM
Hey guys,

That is a photo of an older KU pocket, probably a Belt Pouch or KU L&L #11. So, there is not a new KU Long Pocket. It is still the same standard D&L KU Long Pocket that we've always had. We will have the proper photo up soon.

Mel

floranama
02-11-2014, 12:57 PM
Thanks Mel... clears it all up. I still remain in agreement of all the suggestions in this post.

74 or more
02-11-2014, 01:06 PM
At first when I thought it was a chamber pocket I had to keep myself from throwing money at my computer.