PDA

View Full Version : CO Winter Rondy wood cutting party 2/1

Jon S
01-22-2014, 08:01 PM
Let's do it, head up Saturday morning early to avoid some traffic, cut some wood, enjoy some sunshine and lay some wood in for the rendezvuos?
Last year was a blast with 4 or 5 folks, would be great to have that many again so we can have hands to cut, haul, and stack some widowmakers before they get to do their widowmaking when we arrive two weeks later.

Please PM me or post here and we can swap numbers and make sure we're all on the same page to make a great trip!

Thanks in advance for those that will come make the winter rondy a warm place for new and old.
Jon

In case anybody is not sure what kind of fun it will be, here's a video thanks to our own Gonehuntn from last year
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Djkyzhr3YMI

Jon S
01-25-2014, 02:57 PM
So far the following people have Pm'd saying they would like to come help or are available:

We definitely need more, stocking wood beforehand ensures a quieter time once there and one less chore to manage around camp leaving more time for skiing, exploring, comparing gear, shooting and just general camaraderie.

I may have a buddy not on here interested, some may remember him from an old summer rondy, Mike Lord may be able to make it, depending on his pregnant wife due 4/5/14.

Sawtooth
01-25-2014, 07:12 PM
Just a note on current snow conditions: it's generally a little better than last winter in late January. I skied a few miles at the Frisco Nordic Center today (9,300') and it was pretty good snowpack. The snow depth at the rondy site is currently ~24" with more snow on the way. Things are looking pretty good.

Sawtooth
01-25-2014, 07:15 PM
Not sure if I can swing the wood cutting or not. Will come if I can!

Jon S
01-27-2014, 08:45 PM
Hope you can make it, be good to see you two times in one month.
Who else wants to help? Wood cutting is fun!

Sawtooth
01-27-2014, 09:00 PM
Stovewood warms you twice!