PDA

View Full Version : KU Material pockets and Accessories getting phased out?

Peregrinus
12-17-2013, 08:41 AM
I emailed in recently and asked about the KU water bottle pouch since i wanted to order a new one and was informed that it was discontinued. And that most of the KU material items are on their way out soon aswell. With exception to the Stuff sacks.

I havn't seen an official post with this info, So i asked in another email what exactly was all on its way out. I havn't gotten an answer yet but I figured i would ask here as to get a definitive answer and have it out there so other people know aswell.

If anyone with knowledge on this could chime in and let me/us know what all is exactly staying or going it'd be greatly appreciated.

I know according to the email that the Stuff sacks are sticking around.
EDIT: email reply!!

Staying:
Stuffsacks
Pullouts
Belt Pouches

Known Gone:
Water bottle pouch
Long Pockets
E&E
Pods

Thanks! :)

the last email pretty much summed it up, Onto making my order! lol

Updated list!

Patrick
12-18-2013, 11:27 AM
Peregrinus, the PODS are discontinued as well.

Pat K
12-19-2013, 10:24 AM
What a shame. I have a set of KU Pods, and I think that they are my most versatile pieces of gear.

I carry them in the water bladder pocket of both my EDC bag (Camelbak Talon) and hunting pack for the same reason...If I have something heavy or dense that I need to put in the pack the pods come out and get strapped to the outside with soft, light things like sleeping bags, puffy layers, ect. As a bonus, my gym clothes live in a small pod year around, with shoes, so I am not dropping them in my pack when they are wet, dirty, and smelly. The medium pod makes a great food bag for 3-5 days worth of food, that can quickly be strapped on the outside of the pack.

It looks like there are still KU pods and long pockets available. Looks like I need to hurry up before they are gone.

pat

Peregrinus
01-10-2014, 09:14 AM
Thanks for that update Patrick!

Sad to see alot of the UL gear going, I really love my pack.