PDA

View Full Version : Colorado Kifaru Winter Rendezvous 2013, wood cutting party.

tendeerfeet
12-05-2013, 06:02 PM
This is a good place to camp, do you think?

sab
12-05-2013, 08:35 PM
That was last year, correct? Looks like a great spot! Can't wait to get there!

Regards,
Scott

Jon S
12-05-2013, 08:56 PM
Indeed, last year, good times and that saw is still running like a charm. Check the videos gonehuntn posted last year about it. There's a good "timber" that makes me smile every time I see it!
Hope to see you there this year.
Anybody up for a wood cutting party, we cut down and up three last year and had plenty of warmth the entire time?

sab
12-05-2013, 09:18 PM
Jon:

Take care of that saw, and you'll be able to pass it on to the youngins - it's a Stihl! I have two Stihls that have cut a lot of firewood over the years. One's a top-handle model (MS200T) with a 14" bar that's sooooo handy and balanced near perfect. The other is a monster (MS660) with a 32" bar. It's a handful for me to handle, but it'd be just the thing for a giant like you! I just helped cut up a cottonwood that fell over in a co-worker's back yard that was nearly 4' at the base. It went through it like dooky through a goose!

I'll be there this year. Already bought the plane ticket. It'll be good to finally meet you, Jon. I'd love to make it to the pre-Rondy wood-cutting party, but it's a bit too far to travel for me!

Regards,
Scott