PDA

View Full Version : I have a bone to pick with Kifaru

Exploriment
11-23-2013, 12:50 PM
So the fact that Kifaru is discontinuing OD is slipped in under the radar in a thread. And then the fact that if you want anything in OD you had better hurry and get it immediately, is also mentioned in passing.

Now, some may not care, but it bothers me. Everything I have ever ordered from Kifaru has been in OD. Everything I have ordered from every other manufacturer is OD. Everything I have made is ODish. Maybe it is some failing of mine, but I like it, and I want my stuff to all be one general colour scheme. Weird perhaps, but there you have it. I want my stuff to be OD.

OD is a colour that has been in the line up since the start. To make it go away is the companyís prerogative I suppose. But I find it hard to believe that I am the only person who likes it still. I can imagine that other people might well be peeved if they miss the surreptitious announcement of its demise. Am I wrong to think that a heads up might have been in order. Something on the website, ďHey loyal customers: OD is a colour that isnít selling so well any more and weíre thinking of phasing it out. We wanted to give everyone a heads up about this, some realistic lead time so that you can get orders in.Ē

You no longer offer custom so that someone could send in fabric to have a pack made. You do away with Stealth buckles. Well I have many thousands of dollars of your packs and pouches that all use Stealth buckles. So what happens when I want some different LongPockets and some more Pods? Now you plan to discontinue OD. I wanted to get a Bikini Frame, one or two small pods, some different LongPockets, another shoulder strap, another 1Liter pocket, likely a couple of other things. Am I ready to plunk down the money in the next week for all those things? Hell no.

Would the world come to an end if I had to use a Coyote or Foliage Bikini Frame? No. But I really have my heart set on OD.

If you were to offer Ranger Green as a substitute, I wouldnít mind that so much.

But all in all, I feel the way the sharing of the information of ODs imminent obsolescence is being handled is a bit shabby.

Ralph
11-23-2013, 02:16 PM
I'm in the same situation, I like OD and the stuff I have is 90% OD (the exceptions are all "civilian" stuff from Mountainsmith and a few other makers). Virtually all the stuff I make is OD, too. OD has been around for a very long time, and with good reason. It is inconspicuous, doesn't show soil much and, if you don't know exactly where you are going to be is actually pretty good camo for most environments. And, to my eye, it is an attractive color that fits in well with the woods and waters.

OD is a good background color if you want a solid color pack with less expensive pockets in the camo pattern of your choice. Coyote is lighter and therefore brighter, but I will admit it is also a good background color.

I'm not a big Kifaru buyer (I can't get out very much due to age and some infirmity) so take my view FWIW.

I also like my gear to be a consistant "theme" so I don't look like I have been looting the rag barrel to get it.

widowshooter
11-23-2013, 06:48 PM
I am also a huge OD fan, not sure why, I just am. I had plans of picking up a couple more packs in OD, but there is no way I can afford that in the next few weeks. I would like to get a suspense date of when it is finally over.

Sawtooth
11-23-2013, 09:35 PM
Count me in the OD camp too. My day pack/guiding pack setup is all in OD...G2 Spike Camp and Koala Lite. I don't need a camo fashion statement going on to make my hunting and fishing better. OD or the wonderful color of my KU packs and pouches is time tested and makes sense on many levels.

BrooklynBen
11-23-2013, 10:17 PM
+ 1 on OD. Great all around color that has all sorts of advantages in a lot of situations (There's a reason it may be the standard color for use the US military for decades). I hate to see it go as well.

Aron Snyder
11-24-2013, 05:51 AM
Hey Fellas,

This decision wasn't an easy one, but after researching the numbers, we found that OD contributed less than 5% of annual gross sales. As a small company in high demand, keeping a color that sells a fraction as much as the rest of the line wasn't an option...... BUT, all hope is not lost!

After looking through the numbers, we could see what packs/pockets in OD did sell, so we will do limited runs from time to time in OD.

I hope our loyal customers can understand the reasoning behind this decision, but also know that we are thinking of you at the same time! We knew OD had a small, but very loyal following, so we won't leave OD lovers completely high and dry.

Please feel free to contact me with any questions (aron@kifaru.net)

Thanks Everyone!

hawk55732
11-24-2013, 09:38 AM
I'm just wondering where the announcement for this was?

XMP
11-24-2013, 11:20 AM
I still like OD a lot. Although I haven't bought a pack in it (because I don't like the tan buckles), I have OD pouches on both foliage and coyote packs.

One factor I think should be considered is the military retirement of the ACU pattern. I think that is going to reduce the popularity of foliage as well. There really should be a green in the Kifaru line-up that works as an auxiliary with multicam. It seems that OD (or a perfect match to the near OD green in the multicam pattern) would be a great color to have in the line-up. Offering packs and pouches in the multicam green would allow a base green pack with MC pouches or the reverse. The color would also be close enough to satisfy us OD fans.

This is a solution that I think Kifaru should seriously consider.

Niblick
11-24-2013, 11:21 AM
Hawk, In the holiday sale thread a few members connected the dots and then it was confirmed by Kifaru.

Unless I'm mistaken, it seems that Exploriment's main point in the OP is not the discontinuation of OD, but the manner in which the customers were informed. Some guys have thousands of dollars worth of OD gear that they can't buy accessories for after an undisclosed date in the near future.

All of my outdoor gear is kifaru, and it always will be. But for those of us who have been following the company for years, it's pretty clear that this is not the Kifaru of old. I was frustrated when I was told that Kifaru wouldn't put together an OD/multicam Woobie for me even though they offer both colors with CB. Now, I just accept it as a consequence of Kifaru's growing success.

HarpT
11-24-2013, 04:39 PM
Well, I would suggest that anyone who wants to order OD be able to put in a request for notification so that they can be contacted and informed when Kifaru is getting ready to do a production run and won't miss their opportunity to order.

bark-eater
11-24-2013, 08:14 PM
5%er

I've got well over a grand worth in Kifaru gear. Maybe half of that is brand new from Kifaru OD. It looks like I will be limited to purchasing used kifaru gear in the future.

Exploriment
11-24-2013, 11:06 PM
Hey Fellas,

This decision wasn't an easy one, but after researching the numbers, we found that OD contributed less than 5% of annual gross sales. As a small company in high demand, keeping a color that sells a fraction as much as the rest of the line wasn't an option...... BUT, all hope is not lost!

After looking through the numbers, we could see what packs/pockets in OD did sell, so we will do limited runs from time to time in OD.

I hope our loyal customers can understand the reasoning behind this decision, but also know that we are thinking of you at the same time! We knew OD had a small, but very loyal following, so we won't leave OD lovers completely high and dry.

Please feel free to contact me with any questions (aron@kifaru.net)

Thanks Everyone!

Uhhmmm....okay....but where was an announcement about this move? I donít recall ever seeing a notification about this. Nothing here, nothing on FB, nothing via email to people who had purchased product from you. To give people who may have wanted to get something a heads up of a few months so they could scrape their dimes together, would at the very least have been polite.

I have to say it - it feels a bit underhanded the way you have dealt with this.

To tell us that youíll do a limited run once in a while, well..what and when? Do people have to wait for two years to get some things? What if they need it now? What if you donít plan to run what they want? What about the person who got a padded plain belt but realizes later that they would rather get the unpadded PALS belt? I guess theyíre supposed to just suck it up and wait or get a colour they donít want.

It just seems weird that you would completely ditch a green option for those who want/need it, in favour of a grey or brown whether the customer wants it or not. Youíve offered it for 11 years or more. 5% is still 5%. Kryptek is okay, but I donít see how it couldnít be just as easily achieved with a rattle can. A solid colour isnít so feasible to achieve via that route.

widowshooter
11-24-2013, 11:08 PM
The way I look at is that I will have "vintage" Kifaru gear.

shtfco
11-24-2013, 11:21 PM
On that Note I have 1 Kifaru OD unpadded Pals belt left. I may have to raise the price on it now =-). All kidding aside. I see the gripe. I agree something official should of come out. As valued customers of the OD Color and Kifaru it is only right to let that out to the customer base even if it is only 5%.
I dont blame Aron for this at all though. I believe Patrick should chime in here with something soon this week to give some more detail or explain the lack of explanation. Aron knows me well and Im a staunch supporter of Kifaru and the company but something that has been missed here is that kifaru wouldnt be as successful as it is today without changing with the way the market is swaying. With that said I stand behind OP feelings. Id be mad as hell if Kifaru where discontinuing the CB Color and no one said anything. But then again Im working on buying ever piece of the kit I could ever need from Kifaru so I dont have to ever worry about something like this happening. =)

My 2 cents for what its worth.

rhunter424
11-25-2013, 06:19 AM
I understand the frustration, as a fellow OD buyer.

However given Kifaru's history with discontinuing products without any/little notice I don't think anyone should be surprised at this. Examples include:
1) KU product line discontinuing (http://www.kifaruforums.net/showthread.php?t=32785)
2) Omni yoke discontinuing (http://www.kifaruforums.net/showthread.php?t=32580)
3) Armor grip line limited to only unit orders (http://www.kifaruforums.net/showthread.php?t=32868)
4) MOB sleeping bags (http://www.kifaruforums.net/showthread.php?t=25188)
5) Daystalker and Siwash (http://www.kifaruforums.net/showthread.php?t=29493)

This is just the list that I can think of off the top of my head.

rhunter424
11-25-2013, 07:00 AM
Uhhmmm....okay....but where was an announcement about this move?
The announcement was made a couple pages into another thread (http://www.kifaruforums.net/showthread.php?t=34613&p=320427#post320427)

simplefool
11-25-2013, 07:44 AM
I think a thread of products to be discontinued would be a good idea - as a sticky or something in the 'Kifaru Announcements' forum - that way the information is there for all to see. If someone's been eyeing a Kif product for long enough for a discontinued item to matter to them then they're going to have been looking at the forums. Either that or a page on the website although I can see why that may not be a popular idea per se. It would give a fair chance for people to get hold of what they want/need before it's perhaps too late - I know I was a little disappointed to find out that no more black mini-longs were going to be made. Had I known that production was to be ceased on them then I would have shuffled money around and bought them a little sooner before they had all gone.

Exploriment
11-25-2013, 08:27 AM
The announcement was made a couple pages into another thread (http://www.kifaruforums.net/showthread.php?t=34613&p=320427#post320427)

Yeah. I know. That was what prompted my thread. But as I stated, I donít think that was sufficient. Not everyone thinks to read through every single post on every single thread to find out things like that. It should be made a sticky in the forum, or announced as a banner on the website, or announced on FaceBook, or sent out as an email to every one who has ever ordered from the company, etc. If I hadnít read that particular thread, I would never have known. It appears that it is already too late, and that is what peeves me off. Maybe itís arrogant of me, but I think that if Iíve bought thousands of dollars worth of a companies product, been a contributor to their forum for years, get a considerable amount of traffic every month to my blog from people looking up info on Kifaru products and reading my articles, have a good number of images show up in an image search when you look up certain Kifaru products - at the very least a realistic heads up might have been nice. Not a barely noticeable ďoh and we made a decision months back but weíre only mentioning it in passing now.Ē

CoGunsmith
11-25-2013, 09:15 AM
Rather than have a thread there should be an active NEWS page where this kind of thing can be placed.
Then we have a common place to find it.

rhunter424
11-25-2013, 09:21 AM
How about a Kifaru mailing list? So notifications are sent out via email about sales/new releases/discontinuations/etc.

techbrute
11-25-2013, 09:42 AM
I feel for Kifaru to some degree. Their core business is making gear. They are very good at it. Unfortunately, they seem to struggle at peripheral things like their website, business processes, and customer communication. It's only going to get harder for them, as they are moving out of the niche market, where each customer is treated individually and they can accommodate special requests and custom orders, into the "big market" where they are competing against mass-produced cookie cutter manufacturers who can churn out a pack in 1/10th the time and at a lower price point. Right now, they are kind of hovering in this weird middle market where there are some people that are willing to pay top dollar and wait extended periods for something that is quality, but not necessarily made exclusively for them.

simplefool
11-25-2013, 10:56 AM
How about a Kifaru mailing list? So notifications are sent out via email about sales/new releases/discontinuations/etc.

Mailing lists are not a bad idea although as an admininstrator of a couple I know they're not without their pitfalls (recipient spam filters etc). If it were available on the forums/website then no-one could complain that they weren't notified although that would leave the onus on us to check, although that would maybe drive more traffic to the website so every cloud has a silver lining I suppose! Plus it would mean that idiots like me would still have access to the information after they'd accidentally deleted the email...;)

I feel for Kifaru to some degree. Their core business is making gear. They are very good at it. Unfortunately, they seem to struggle at peripheral things like their website, business processes, and customer communication. It's only going to get harder for them, as they are moving out of the niche market, where each customer is treated individually and they can accommodate special requests and custom orders, into the "big market" where they are competing against mass-produced cookie cutter manufacturers who can churn out a pack in 1/10th the time and at a lower price point. Right now, they are kind of hovering in this weird middle market where there are some people that are willing to pay top dollar and wait extended periods for something that is quality, but not necessarily made exclusively for them.

You know, that's pretty much exactly how I see Kifaru at present, although I would have to specifically add that their customer communication via email is second to none - if you've got a query about something, you'll not wait longer than a hour to get a response from Angie or one of her colleagues - I have to say that's a level of service that I've never experienced the like of before and it's definitely one of their outstanding qualities that keeps me coming back to buy their products.

CoGunsmith
11-25-2013, 01:04 PM

I don't like mailing lists for a couple of reasons.
1. they need to be maintained (bad if you do ISP hopping and have changing email addresses)
2. they require positive action to be notified
3. they do nothing for the people who are not on the mailing list.
4. mailings are an easy way to insert junk mailings
5. mailings to not help to present a view of the current product line and its future.

rhunter424
11-25-2013, 01:12 PM
I don't like mailing lists for a couple of reasons.
1. they need to be maintained (bad if you do ISP hopping and have changing email addresses)

Get a non ISP affiliated email address. This is 2013.

2. they require positive action to be notified

So does looking at the forums.

3. they do nothing for the people who are not on the mailing list.

Same issue with not knowing about the forums

4. mailings are an easy way to insert junk mailings

If you're getting junk email from a Kifaru mailing list, you should get off the mailing list.

5. mailings to not help to present a view of the current product line and its future.
It would if Kifaru sent out notices (or newsletters if you will) every once and a while stating the changes being made in the upcoming future.

Also, I never said mailing lists would be the end all/be all solution. I'm saying its another tool for the toolbox in getting the word out. The forums have been a great way for Kifaru to get the word out and discuss a LOT of things over the past 10+ years. I don't see that changing. Just offering another option.

techbrute
11-25-2013, 01:28 PM
Get a non ISP affiliated email address. This is 2013.

+1000000000000000000000

Seriously.

Aron Snyder
11-25-2013, 01:40 PM
We appreciate all the comments and we are listening!

Again, we apologize for not making it clearer about the discontinuation of OD green and from here on we will make sure an announce things as early as possible. This was not a purposeful underhanded move and things are being done to make sure this doesn't happen again.

Mel, Patrick and myself are working on a public announcement right now about what will be gong on with Kifaru in 2014. This announcement will address some of the changes that have been going on and why, as well as some changes our customers have been asking for.

Feel free to contact me at anytime for question on what we have left in OD green. aron@kifaru.net 720-937-1418

CoGunsmith
11-25-2013, 07:22 PM
Thank you rhunter424 for nitpicking every thing I wrote.
Positive action refers to signing up to receive every thing the mailing list sends out.
It also in your case means that you don't look at the rest of web site.
My intention was to point out obvious things I DON'T like about mailiing lists.

A simple page on the K site would work much better than a mailiing list.
It could also be used by new people who are NOT on any K maliing list.
And could be viewed by any visitor to the K site not nust the mailing list.
To be useful and to avoid junk mailings, you have to have several mailing lists.
Or suffer the arival of mailings that you are not interested in.

How many people actually have multiple email addresses and how do they use them?

My overall opinion is that a companies product offerings must be represented by the website not just by mailings.

techbrute
11-25-2013, 09:10 PM
Positive action refers to signing up to receive every thing the mailing list sends out.

To be useful and to avoid junk mailings, you have to have several mailing lists.

How many people actually have multiple email addresses and how do they use them?

My overall opinion is that a companies product offerings must be represented by the website not just by mailings.

Look, you made a list and he responded point by point. It seems like you're just manufacturing objections, and he responded, simple as that.

As a consumer, I don't want to have to repeatedly go to your website to keep up with a company. I have a life. If the company has something they want me to know, they had better feed it to me in the form of a newsletter. You can choose to try to convince your customer that your website is more important than the rest of their life, or you can offer up the info you want them to know.

rhunter424
11-26-2013, 06:15 AM

Once again, this is 2013. Technologically speaking, you're not limited to a single point of contact for information. You can have your cake and eat it too.

Example: Aron just said Kifaru will be coming out with a public announcement for what's going on with Kifaru in 2014. They could just put it on the message board's like they've always done. But it is ridiculously easy to post that same information to a mailing list, the regular Kifaru website, facebook, twitter, etc etc.

74 or more
11-26-2013, 06:24 AM
+1 for a mailing list.

I't much easier to check your email once and while then logging onto a forum and click around.

I have multiple emails.

One general email address that I've had forever. I use it for mailing lists, internet orders, etc.
A professional email that I use for job interviews when/if I'm looking for a job and credit card/bank info.
And I have 2 other emails that I use for work at my current job.

So 4 total.

BuckarooMedic
11-26-2013, 08:35 AM
Getting rid of OD eh? Bad move IMHO since it's a great color that works just about every where. OD is only 5% of sales? I'd be interested in a sales breakdown of their other colors. Probably that horrible Kryptek and of course Multicam since the Big Green Machine is switching to it. Wait a minute, can we call the Army the Big Green Machine anymore since they don't use OD either?

Luckily I don't really need anymore Kifaru gear. I got rid of all my military packs when I left the Army and bought the misses and me a couple of KU3700 with some accessories. That should hold us for the foreseeable future.

Take care,

steveb
11-26-2013, 12:51 PM
Kryptek Mandrake is perhaps the most effective and best looking woodland camo ever devised. I'm strongly in favor of replacing the obsolete OD with Mandrake, and the sooner the better! Also, Typhon should replace black. Perhaps when the new Multicam fabrics are available, they also can be added!

Aron Snyder
11-26-2013, 01:17 PM
I just looked through inventory, and we have A LOT of OD left in stock.

Not sure what you guys are/were looking for that we don't have?

Let me know if you have any questions.

bark-eater
11-26-2013, 02:55 PM
"Not sure what you guys are/were looking for that we don't have?"

Time to make purchases with in the customers budget schedule.

hawk55732
11-26-2013, 06:01 PM
"Not sure what you guys are/were looking for that we don't have?"

Time to make purchases with in the customers budget schedule.

Where is a thank you button when you need one.

MikeB1273
11-26-2013, 06:10 PM

If I had the extra money I would love a scout & a couple of mini longs in OD. Maybe after the first of the year I can tend to my own wants a little more.

rhunter424
11-26-2013, 06:25 PM
If I had the extra money I would love a scout & a couple of mini longs in OD. Maybe after the first of the year I can tend to my own wants a little more.
Just in case you missed the "Holiday sale" thread on here, OD stuff is 20% off between now and christmas. Whatever is left on the 1st of the year is going to cost you more than it would if you bought it before christmas. Just something to keep in mind for your funds.

Aron Snyder
11-26-2013, 06:58 PM
Where is a thank you button when you need one.

Feel free to call me....I can always set some stuff aside.

Seems like a good way to fix the issue.

MikeB1273
11-26-2013, 07:21 PM
Just in case you missed the "Holiday sale" thread on here, OD stuff is 20% off between now and christmas. Whatever is left on the 1st of the year is going to cost you more than it would if you bought it before christmas. Just something to keep in mind for your funds.

Thanx for that info. I will have to see what I can scrape together in extra funds over the next few weeks.

dotman2
11-26-2013, 08:59 PM
Seems like a few just want something to complain about. It probably took more effort to post over and over then it would just to call in and talk to someone.

Sounds to me like Aron has offered up a few great options all of which I see hardly a response has been made directly to. They will notify us in the future of changes and looks like we'll get a preview of 2014 changes much sooner then normal. They will hold/set aside OD items which seem to be plentiful (i bet if a call was made earlier this would of been offered, heck they used to do a layaway plan).

Things change and usually for the better, I was able to get a few buddies to jump on K gear because of the discounts on OD.

I hardly post on the forum but common guys there are options.

This reminds me of all the complaining when the ku line was discontinued, Kifaru is a business and if they followed some paths they will not last, like all businesses they have to do what is right for them which sometimes will effect a few of us. I'd rather see them grow and thrive/innovate then become stagnant or just flatline.

Niblick
11-26-2013, 09:22 PM
Seems like a few just want something to complain about. It probably took more effort to post over and over then it would just to call in and talk to someone.

Sounds to me like Aron has offered up a few great options all of which I see hardly a response has been made directly to. They will notify us in the future of changes and looks like we'll get a preview of 2014 changes much sooner then normal. They will hold/set aside OD items which seem to be plentiful (i bet if a call was made earlier this would of been offered, heck they used to do a layaway plan).

Things change and usually for the better, I was able to get a few buddies to jump on K gear because of the discounts on OD.

I hardly post on the forum but common guys there are options.

This reminds me of all the complaining when the ku line was discontinued, Kifaru is a business and if they followed some paths they will not last, like all businesses they have to do what is right for them which sometimes will effect a few of us. I'd rather see them grow and thrive/innovate then become stagnant or just flatline.

Thank you so much for your contribution to this thread. You're missing the point, it's threads like these that let kifaru know how we feel. You're correct that this post was responded to by Kifaru (Aron) but what you seemed to miss is that those offers might not have been made had it not been for this thread. Yes, Kifaru is great because of their response to this kind of customer feedback, but for you to say that we're complaining for complaining's sake, I say to you, you're wrong.

robcollins
11-26-2013, 09:56 PM
"....go eat a dick."

Hardly an appropriate response. I think you should stop.

Niblick
11-26-2013, 10:06 PM
"....go eat a dick."

You're right...I'm still juggling military vs. civilian life. But the point remains.

BrooklynBen
11-26-2013, 10:09 PM
"....go eat a dick."

+1 . I totally agree. It should be obvious that such comments add nothing to the discussion. The high quality of the people who make up Kifaru has always been reflected in the tone and manner in which this forum has been conducted. There's no shortage of other forums available where such comments are acceptable.

Aron Snyder
11-26-2013, 10:22 PM
Thank you so much for your contribution to this thread. You're missing the point, it's threads like these that let kifaru know how we feel. You're correct that this post was responded to by Kifaru (Aron) but what you seemed to miss is that those offers might not have been made had it not been for this thread. Yes, Kifaru is great because of their response to this kind of customer feedback, but for you to say that we're complaining for complaining's sake, I say to you, you're wrong.

My line is always open (most know this). So anyone, at anytime can let us/me know what they need and we'll do our best to work with you.

I believe everything has been covered in this thread, so we can probably let it go now.

On another note, if you can't keep from name calling, we will be forced to ban you from the forum.....so please be polite to others!

Biggame
11-27-2013, 10:00 PM
OD is an all time classic! I could understand if it was a patented color but I can hardly see how a couple yards of material on hand can raise the overhead. Labor is your #1 expense not the material the labor grabs to fabricate the product.

LMT66
11-27-2013, 10:56 PM
I was upset about the Omni-yoke way back. Was told in a thread that they would be starting a run of them soon after stopping production to catch up on the Hunting Line. When I bumped the thread for an update, the reply was that they dropped it from the line. ?

As for discontinuing colors, if you don't wish the buy colors that don't sell, how about allow us to send you the fabric, like was done in the past?

Aimless
11-30-2013, 05:36 PM
Kifaru has been great to me, fixing a buckle broken when slammed in a vehicle door for free and doing a TON of work to alter a scout so it fit my 5' 100 pound wife. But I think some more notice of things like discontinuing colors would be appreciated. I grit my teeth when something happens like I buy something and then a week later there is some update to the product or line. Kifaru has always been kind of weirdly mysterious about this stuff.

I hate to see OD green go, but bidness is bidness and I am sure it's not selling

edit the omni yoke is toast? I never used mine anyways. There was something else I bought years ago that was discontinued, I have so much of this stuff now I can't remember it. Oh! There was a tailgunner that was just a molle grid, no pack. Seemed cool but I never used that much either. I guess that's the tough part, Kifaru comes up with what appears to be cool stuff but then it never catches on.

Woods Walker
11-30-2013, 07:02 PM

To me this is like when they tried to change Coke to "new Coke". Maybe I never drink all that much Coca-Cola but didn't want anyone messing with it just the same. Darn shame about OD. I prefer MC but it was always reassuring that I could get OD if I decided on a new pack in the future. I am actually looking for a new pack sometime down the road. The lack of OD won't stop me from buying a Kifaru but not having my default color in the future is an old school downer.

Just how I see things.

Kevin.