PDA

View Full Version : Black or Typhon?

rhunter424
11-16-2013, 09:11 AM
So with Kifaru offering limited runs of the Xray and now E&E in typhon, what do you guys prefer...black or typhon?

To me, a typhon zippy would blend in nicely and probably be a great EDC.

I've normally stayed away from black Kifaru packs because I think it gives off a "mall ninja" feel. But the typhon pattern seems less camo with the colors in the pattern.

Thoughts?

El Chupacabra
11-17-2013, 10:30 AM
^^^ agreed.

rhunter424
11-17-2013, 11:38 AM
I've said it before and I will say it again. I don't really like the look of any of the kryptek camo's. But I think for EDC in an urban setting the typhoon might blend in better than black since its not a traditional look.

verysimple
11-17-2013, 05:36 PM
I like typhoon. Got typhoon organizer and wife even complemented on the color.

DocGP
11-18-2013, 09:48 AM
I like typhoon. Got typhoon organizer and wife even complemented on the color.

+1. I just like the color.

Doc

techbrute
11-18-2013, 10:26 AM
Gray. Unfortunately, Kifaru is not on the Gray bandwagon yet.

ron finkbeiner
11-18-2013, 10:57 PM
I want typhon Xing.

DocGP
11-18-2013, 11:41 PM
I want typhon Xing.

Yep, that will pop me for another pretty penny!

Half-Hitch
11-19-2013, 05:21 AM
Typhon seems like it would make a cool base color for the main pack even if your pockets are solid, black, gray etc.

primal13
11-19-2013, 05:32 AM
alright i screwed up. it was suppose to be typhon, not black. now that the webbing is the same color, typhon all the way.

Kerri
11-19-2013, 05:55 AM
Im not usually a fan of black by itself for packs,gear, or clothing but Ive got a ball cap from rogueamericanapparel.com in kryptek typhoon and it is the coolest looking hat I own, and ive got an incredioubly large ballcap collection. I love all the patterns krytek had out and my scout pack is in the highlander pattern (which i like a little more ten the typhoon) but out of those two I think it would be worth the extra cash cause it really is a sweet pattern

Niblick
11-19-2013, 08:34 AM
alright i screwed up. it was suppose to be typhon, not black. now that the webbing is the same color, typhon all the way.
From all the pictures I've seen, the typhon packs don't have matching webbing, but use black instead.

For my X-ray order, I went with Typhon for all the same reasons the OP mentioned. My only hangup about typhon being more urban friendly is how the solid webbing contrasts with the camo material. Overall I do think Typhon is the best choice, jut be prepared for the massive kick in the checking account.

rhunter424
11-19-2013, 08:48 AM
From all the pictures I've seen, the typhon packs don't have matching webbing, but use black instead.

For my X-ray order, I went with Typhon for all the same reasons the OP mentioned. My only hangup about typhon being more urban friendly is how the solid webbing contrasts with the camo material. Overall I do think Typhon is the best choice, jut be prepared for the massive kick in the checking account.
The typhon xray's had black webbing, but the new typhon E&E's have typhon webbing.

For reference, look at the typhon picture on the E&E page:
http://store.kifaru.net/escape-and-evade-1000ci1638-liters-p56.aspx

Niblick
11-19-2013, 11:31 AM
I didn't know that...I don't think it makes any sense for the 500$ bag to have mismatched webbing but the 100$ pocket has matching PALS. That's actually pretty frustrating.

EDIT: Or maybe now that the webbing is available the xrays will get it?

1morehill
11-20-2013, 01:41 AM
I personally am not a fan of the Kryptek Camo especially seeing Arnold and Stallone in it. It just ruined it for me just my 2cents. Since it looks like it's here to stay I would rather see a solid webbing colour against the packs using the the fabric base colour. If you're to use the Typhon Webbing or any the other Kryptek webbing I believe it makes the pattern that much more screwed up looking and I believe it cheapens the over all look.

DSD
11-25-2013, 01:57 PM
I personally am not a fan of the Kryptek Camo especially seeing Arnold and Stallone in it. It just ruined it for me just my 2cents. Since it looks like it's here to stay I would rather see a solid webbing colour against the packs using the the fabric base colour. If you're to use the Typhon Webbing or any the other Kryptek webbing I believe it makes the pattern that much more screwed up looking and I believe it cheapens the over all look.

Can anyone from Kifaru help clear this up? I have a Typhon X-ray on order and I much prefer the solid black webbing with the typhon base as shown in the pics of the bag on the site. I don't care for matching Typhon webbing at all but now am wondering which way my bag will come. Tried to call customer service but went to someone's voicemail.

Aron Snyder
11-25-2013, 02:20 PM
Your Xray will have black webbing.

DSD
11-25-2013, 02:35 PM
Your Xray will have black webbing.

Thanks, Aron. I personally think it looks better that way.

steveb
11-26-2013, 12:46 PM
Typhon over black and Mandrake over OD. If they make Mandrake a standard color, I'll be all over it like a duck on a junebug!