PDA

View Full Version : Gear Storage

Brums
11-03-2013, 06:28 PM
I'm having trouble figuring out how and where to store all the great gear I think I need, especially the sleeping bags uncompressed. Do you all have dedicated rooms, closets, organizers? Just looking for some ideas to get the SO off my back about my side of the bed littered with Kifaru goodness and such.

I'm pretty sure the answer is several rubbermaids, correct?

Thanks!

Jon S
11-03-2013, 07:44 PM
I have a few 2x4's that I drilled holes in at about a 45 degree angle and glued dowels into.
They stick out about 3-3.5" and hold sleeping bags, packs, etc. with aplomb. A basement helps, or a garage, or a closet. In that order.

widowshooter
11-03-2013, 07:50 PM
I have also struggled with this as well, I have a small house for the family and all of their goods, so I went with the Rubbermaid option and put them out in the garage. On the nice days here in Washington I will get out the bags and hang them outside for the day. I went with Rubbermaid bins for everything because I can separate all of my outdoor gear into like items and by priority. This allows me to grab everything I need and nothing I don't need for an outside adventure. I grew tired of guessing what the weather would be like at the location and not having the right gear. Now I just take everything with me, its all put into two bins. Of course this only works if you don't have a ton of stuff either.