PDA

View Full Version : back from montana.....

beachbunny
10-12-2013, 02:02 PM
back from the "season" in Montana. Unpacking the 3700 that always held the tarp,stove,bag,pad and food.Ready to go for the days off.Putting it all away and it is a very sad day for the BB.
Now dealing with a Noreaster that just won't quit.Water getting higher and higher cause the wind won't let the tide out the inlet. noreasters can be worse than hurricanes (sandy from that consumed last hunting season and emptied the coffers,thats why I should win the 4 man tipi!)
I just keep thinking about crossing 8000' passes with the 3700 on my back and singing "the hills are alive" when nobody was around,except griz and glacier lilies.
yup, sad day indeed....

shtfco
10-12-2013, 02:09 PM
Sounds like a lot of fun to me =-) Dont let them mountains beat you BB. =)

widowshooter
10-12-2013, 02:21 PM
The worst part of a hunt is when it's over.

beachbunny
10-13-2013, 12:05 PM
heck, ididn;t sleep a wink last night cause all I was doing was thinking about,goats,glaciers,trails,running boats,airplanes, my 3700,tarps, tents,unpredictable mountain WX,bugling elk,griz waving their paws at me,blooming beargrass, catching bull trout,all of it. I gave up at 4:30,sent something to SHTFCO about me wanting a supertarp,went to the hangar,pulled out my stove and cooked up some breaky and sat on the marsh with the dog and watched the 5th day of thr noreaster whip the ocean to merrangue.
I think I got it pretty bad!

mtluckydan
10-13-2013, 09:11 PM
Sounds like your summer went well. Did you make any friends with the locals (Blackfeet)? The good thing about living in MT is not having to leave. Every time I leave Montana for a visit, I can't wait to get back. No worries - there is still at least one 3700 visiting the back country. Are you returning to MT next summer?

beachbunny
10-21-2013, 02:48 PM
sure I made friends,might slip on up for a spell in nov.
boys off the res got drunked up and wailed on a skinny nonres kid dishwasher, I told my crew to stay away from him.
i'll go back but won't work for that company.

mtluckydan
10-21-2013, 08:58 PM
Major changes coming to the park next season with the new company in charge of services. Who knows what will happen. Are you coming to hunt in November or just visit? Pretty quiet in the park this time of year. I've been working up in the North Fork of the Flathead recently and the views into the park are awesome. It snowed on us one day at valley level and all the peaks have a good amount of snow already.