PDA

View Full Version : Just some Doobie Express pics

bankay
10-02-2013, 11:26 AM
I went on a spur of the moment, micro overnight camp using a hammock this weekend and the Woobie Express was my extra layer for the evening and my sleeping gear with the hammock. It only went down to the mid 40's but the 40 rated underquilt was marginal while the Dobbie Express could've taken me down to freezing. I had plenty of coverage in the hammock slightly curled up.

widowshooter
10-09-2013, 08:36 AM
I was thinking that you would use your Doobie inside the hammock, not outside of it like you have shown in picture 2. I have never used a hammock before so I really have no idea how anything in that realm works. I have a USGI poncho liner with a fleece panel sewn to it that I have used down to freezing before and been fairly comfortable. It is big and bulky unlike the Kifaru version. Were you wearing any base layers at night?

bankay
10-10-2013, 05:58 PM
I did use it as an overquilt/blanket in the hammock. That green thing in the 2nd pic is a down underquilt.

It only go to the mid-40's that night so no biggie. The Doobie Express would have easily taken my down to freezing. I was wearing my day clothes to sleep that night: Canadian Tuxedo, t-shirt, wool socks and vest + a night fleece beanie - exactly what's in the first pic :)

widowshooter
10-10-2013, 08:42 PM
That is impressive, the sleeping in a Canadian Tuxedo that is....

walkingxthunder
10-11-2013, 12:18 AM
I haven't slept outdoors in any form of tuxedo since prom night....