PDA

View Full Version : This needs to go Viral. completely wrong!!!

shtfco
08-07-2013, 09:38 AM
http://www.9news.com/news/article/348974/339/Apartment-tenants-told-they-must-get-rid-of-guns if you have social media outlets share it and get the word out. It needs to have a huge light shined on this issue. Really!!!!

Ralph
08-07-2013, 10:28 AM
I'd like to know if this is in Colorado and whether these apartments are rent subsidized. The latter is important since this gets the federal government involved. It wuld also be interesting to know how "community policies" are formulated and by whom. You really have to know the issue to shine any light on it.

shtfco
08-07-2013, 10:47 AM
I'd like to know if this is in Colorado and whether these apartments are rent subsidized. The latter is important since this gets the federal government involved. It wuld also be interesting to know how "community policies" are formulated and by whom. You really have to know the issue to shine any light on it.

Yes this is in Castle Rock Colorado Not sure on Subsidized. But even so its Wrong.

MAT
08-07-2013, 11:27 AM
Same crap as the UN "gun treaty" that the far right keeps saying will turn our right over to the UN and ban guns. I get this about every 6 months from what I would normally consider intelligent people. Check Snopes.com, they can provide you the facts and the story behind these political tricks. Its OK to not like someone (Obama) but lying to win an election? That’s what they do in Syria and Russia. So much for “freedom”.

Ralph
08-07-2013, 12:17 PM
I agree it is wrong, and also senseless, but if the apartment is subsidized by the USDA and, as I suspect, the "community policy" is so directed by the USDA there is a much stronger 2d Amendment argument, since the USDA is a federal agency.

Mat, the story is a news report, not some e-mail circulated by who knows who.

On the Small Arms Treaty, yes, it puports to surrender national sovereignty to the UN. Approving the treaty would also be unconstitutional.

Article VI states:
"2: This Constitution, and the Laws of the United States which shall be made in Pursuance thereof; and all Treaties made, or which shall be made, under the Authority of the United States, shall be the supreme Law of the Land; and the Judges in every State shall be bound thereby, any Thing in the Constitution or Laws of any State to the Contrary notwithstanding."

While this seems to put the Constitution, federal law and treaties on an equal footing SCOTUS has ruled, from the very first ruling on the matter and all subsequent rulings, that treaties do not trump the Constitution - no matter who says they do. the anti-gun/anti-liberty crowd wants you to believe that an international agreement is supreme. They are wrong BUT approving that treaty would cause all sorts of mischief and trouble until the matter is resolved. It would be far better not to get into it at all.

If you think the negative remarks about the Small Arms Treaty are "crap" do you think it a good idea to approve it? If so, why? and if not, why are the warnings "crap"?

"Its OK to not like someone (Obama) but lying to win an election?"

I don't understand your point here. Seems to me that the one lying to win the election was Obama - and the lies, obfuscations and cover-ups continue. But your comment seems to indicate that it was the Republicans who lied (and lost but that is another matter). If so, what lies were those?

robcollins
08-07-2013, 01:07 PM
Same crap as the UN "gun treaty" that the far right keeps saying will turn our right over to the UN and ban guns. I get this about every 6 months from what I would normally consider intelligent people. Check Snopes.com, they can provide you the facts and the story behind these political tricks. Its OK to not like someone (Obama) but lying to win an election? That’s what they do in Syria and Russia. So much for “freedom”.

And, given that this is your first post, did you join just to make this comment? Nobody said anything about Obama, until you did, and I think you're also confused about manipulating elections versus adding additional layers of people that can restrict your rights. Does liking Obama = "freedom" for you? Quite frankly, having elected officials actions matching what they say is much closer to freedom, especially concerning
Constitutional issues aligns much better with preserving freedom than saying things like "I love the the 2nd ammendment..." then sponsoring nonsensical legislation based on media-spun emotions to reduce our freedom. Banning high cap magazines, for example, surely won't reduce crime, just like the previous AWB didn't, and it has the further impact of criminalizing non-violent citizens if they sell them.

MAT, I think you're a troll...

sab
08-07-2013, 01:43 PM
Its OK to not like someone (Obama) but lying to win an election? That’s what they do in Syria and Russia.

Where the he11 do you live? Lying to win an election- by both parties - is as American as apple pie! Syria and Russia do not have a corner on that market.

shtfco
08-07-2013, 01:52 PM
Where the he11 do you live? Lying to win an election- by both parties - is as American as apple pie! Syria and Russia do not have a corner on that market.

completely agree Rob and Sab. Pretty sure hes a troll. But non the less this is the kind of crap thats going to make this country of ours go back to 1776 and the next civil war. Im telling you what has happened in Egypt, and those other countries that revolted can and will eventually happen in this country. You can only push so much till we say enough is enough. Im all about peace love and respect but when we got people out there driving this country into the ground it straight pisses me off. Hate to see us go down that road but sadly I see a new chapter of it every day.

BuckarooMedic
08-08-2013, 12:14 AM
This issue has already been overruled. The Douglas County Housing Partnership met in an emergency meeting and decided to rescind this policy.

Chalk one up in the "win" column . . . For now.

Take care,

snakey2
08-08-2013, 09:54 AM
Bad news, good news. All's well that ends well, but I would rather not have people try this stuff in the first place.