PDA

View Full Version : Ordering Shoulder Straps?

never.truly.lost
07-25-2013, 05:35 PM
Hoping I coukd get another answer;

So now that I have gotten an old pack up and running again I wanted to replace the shoulder straps as the foam in the old ones is a little worn out.

I emailed the shop to see if I could order them along with a couple other things and they said that Omni shoulder straps were not available/able to be purchased.

Is this correct? I'm aware they are not on the website but thought that would be a non issue.

Anyone have any other answers??

Basically the goal is to put some OD Hunting Omni straps on an older Marauder as I do not need/want the quick release.

Cheers
Andy

rhunter424
07-25-2013, 07:13 PM
You can just cut off the quick release and add some split-bar ladder locs:
http://www.supplycaptain.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&product_ID=16&ParentCat=30

I've done it on all my packs.

robcollins
07-25-2013, 07:36 PM
http://store.kifaru.net/mobile/shoulder-straps-p121.aspx

Does this help?

Benny BC
07-25-2013, 08:05 PM
I really don't like the quick release either. I've been tempted to replace them with SR buckles, not as bulky & they can handle some serious weight. When I was serving we even ran SR buckles on our Alice's. I kept the left zip tied so it wasn't getting stressed & the right was my quick release. In the event the right failed I could zip tie it & cut the ties on the left which became my quick release side. I never had to do this as I never ever had one fail or release when it shouldn't.

How have you found those ladder locks in on such a high stress point Ryan? They are the small ones right?
I'd gladly use these ones: http://www.supplycaptain.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&product_ID=329&ParentCat=30
But they are out of stock.

never.truly.lost
07-25-2013, 09:09 PM
It's not just the quick release; I can live with those. The foam padding itself is getting real limp! Needs a freshen up is the main thing.

Rob;
Negative. The Xray straps have sans load-lifters.

Benny BC
07-26-2013, 02:55 AM
Would they be under the lifetime warranty?

rhunter424
07-26-2013, 03:17 AM
How have you found those ladder locks in on such a high stress point Ryan? They are the small ones right?
I'd gladly use these ones: http://www.supplycaptain.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&product_ID=329&ParentCat=30
But they are out of stock.

No issues so far. Replacing them with the 1" ladder locs was actually recommended by Mel. So I'm not betting on any failures.

Even if one does fail, on every pack I've got an extra g hook or SR buckle to use as a back-up, taken from a strap somewhere on the pack.

never.truly.lost
07-27-2013, 07:34 PM
Wanting to bump this and see if any of the Kifaru guys actual (Mel, Aron, Patick) have any more info as to whether I can get me a pair.

Cheers
Andy

Benny BC
07-27-2013, 08:13 PM
Shoot em an email direct. They're very responsive.

never.truly.lost
07-29-2013, 05:49 PM
Email sent and responded. They will NOT sell Omni shoulder straps.

This is something that should be changed.. Xray straps can be bought, why not Omni??

Benny BC
07-29-2013, 09:26 PM
Sounds a bit rough you can't get replacements. Are you supposed to just buy a new ruck every time the shoulder straps blow out? Not that it happens that often. Shoot Firecog a PM, he might be able to knock a couple up.

Aron Snyder
07-30-2013, 09:09 AM
Some miscommunication on our part, but YES, we will sell the Omni shoulder straps when needed.

If anyone has questions like this in the future, feel free to call me directly and I will handle it ASAP.

Aron Snyder-----720-937-1418

Thanks everyone and sorry for the confusion!

Mel
07-30-2013, 09:10 AM
Hey Andy,

I've been in touch with the shop and you will be able to order up a set of replacement shoulder straps. There was some confusion because of them not being listed on the website. It is all cleared up now and you need to contact heath@kifaru.net for further instruction on how to order them and the price. I hope this helps.

Mel

Benny BC
07-30-2013, 02:13 PM
All's well that ends well.

MojoSlim
07-30-2013, 02:46 PM
All's well that ends well.

Yeah, I thought it sounded quite Un-Kifaru to not sell the shoulder straps. Glad its all cleared up!

never.truly.lost
08-01-2013, 10:38 PM
Mel/Aron,

Thanks for looking into this guys! Will be getting a set on order tomorrow asap.

Breathe new life in that old pack.

Cheers
Andy