PDA

View Full Version : Vote for your favorite pack in Typhon or Mandrake

Aron Snyder
07-16-2013, 12:45 PM
Hello Everyone,

As some of you already know, we have decided to do some limited runs of the Typhon and Mandrake patterns from Kryptek. We announced this a few weeks ago to help get feedback on what packs would be best to build first. Well, we’ve gotten a ton of feedback/responses, but they’ve been all over the map.
To help keep things organized, on track and visible to the public, we’ve decided to start a poll on the general forums .

Here are the guidelines for its use:

1) This poll is what we will use to determine what to build, so please don’t vote for what you would “LIKE” to see Kifaru build, but what you will BUY if Kifaru builds it! So please respect this and only vote accordingly.

2) All of these limited runs will be done when time permits from our normal schedule, so because of that there’s no way that we can give you exact build times. The poll will let us and you know what’s coming out next, but again, we can’t tell you exactly when that will be.

3) Kifaru will make an announcement two weeks before the packs go on sale. This announcement will be made on Facebook and Kifaru forums.

4) Every limited run will be sold on a first come first serve basis, and when they’re gone, they’re gone.

5) Will Kifaru ever make these a standard color option? We never know what the future holds, but the answer is no for the foreseeable future.

6) We have already gathered all of the data from the forums, emails and private messages and this data is what we’ve used to pick the top 10 candidates for starting the poll. This doesn’t mean that we will never build something that has not been listed, but it does mean that it is not at the top of the list.

We do apologize for the initial confusion, but we had no idea the demand for Typhon and Mandrake would be this high! Hopefully we can use this poll to keep things in better order and get some of the packs to you that are in the highest demand at the same time.

Thank you for the understanding…..Let the voting begin!

http://i1065.photobucket.com/albums/u387/AronSnyder/typhon1_zps330b523f.jpg (http://s1065.photobucket.com/user/AronSnyder/media/typhon1_zps330b523f.jpg.html)

http://i1065.photobucket.com/albums/u387/AronSnyder/mandrake1_zps53f0467e.jpg (http://s1065.photobucket.com/user/AronSnyder/media/mandrake1_zps53f0467e.jpg.html)

Aron Snyder
07-16-2013, 12:56 PM
Just as an FYI, we have 20 High Camp 4800's and 5 DT1's in Mandrake that are inproduction right now.

RichardE
07-16-2013, 01:21 PM
No Spike Camp in Mandrake? I'd go for that in a heartbeat. After all the responses I thought there would be several of us, alas.

techbrute
07-16-2013, 01:26 PM
Here's the thing, I would BUY the Xray in Typhon if you also had complementary accessories, but you inferring that this pattern/material has a limited future doesn't make me want to invest in it. Only speaking for myself here.

Aron Snyder
07-16-2013, 01:36 PM
I changed it up and added the Spike Camp for you! It was withing a vote between the two anyway, so since you asked, I changed it:) .
No Spike Camp in Mandrake? I'd go for that in a heartbeat. After all the responses I thought there would be several of us, alas.

cmeier117
07-16-2013, 01:38 PM
Those are very interesting packs to choose. Are there a lot of tactical guys that use the Hunting bags? Because I can't imagine hunters choosing Typhon, I mean my bow is dipped in Typhon and it is a BA camo, just can't see it over Mandrake, but it is really close to Highlander so who knows.

Aron Snyder
07-16-2013, 01:39 PM
Understandable! I wouldn't say it has a limited future, as we are also looking at making it a standard color. We just need to keep things in check and not over promise something we can't deliver. That's the reason we are doing limited runs as time permits.
Here's the thing, I would BUY the Xray in Typhon if you also had complementary accessories, but you inferring that this pattern/material has a limited future doesn't make me want to invest in it. Only speaking for myself here.

Aron Snyder
07-16-2013, 01:40 PM
We had several requests for Typhon being used as a backpackers type pack (summertime scouting and training).
Those are very interesting packs to choose. Are there a lot of tactical guys that use the Hunting bags? Because I can't imagine hunters choosing Typhon, I mean my bow is dipped in Typhon and it is a BA camo, just can't see it over Mandrake, but it is really close to Highlander so who knows.

cmeier117
07-16-2013, 01:42 PM
Now that you say that, a Typhon 4800 highcamp on my black bikini frame would be so awesome, animals would die just looking at me...

Sourdough
07-16-2013, 01:52 PM
Well, guess I should have read the fine print BEFORE I voted. So you can delete my vote. I can NOT afford a XING pack in any color, but if I could that would be my choice in Mandrake. Still hoping someone wants to depart with a EXPRESS.

RichardE
07-16-2013, 01:59 PM
Right, The E&E in Mandrake can wait. Express in Mandrake for me.... Well Spike Camp, but please change my E&E vote to SC

straps
07-16-2013, 02:03 PM
E&E in Typhon, purely for the novelty of the thing, and the relative ease/manageable expense of getting some pouches done up by a custom guy.

MojoSlim
07-16-2013, 02:26 PM
E&E in Mandrake. Since it is the cheapest option, it is something I would buy, but my WANT is a Xing in Mandrake :)

E&E in Typhon, purely for the novelty of the thing, and the relative ease/manageable expense of getting some pouches done up by a custom guy.

Hey straps, do you source the material yourself, or would your custom guy get it ordered? I'd love to get my hands on some Highlander fabric to make some accessories for myself, as well as Mandrake. You can PM me as to not derail the thread.

verysimple
07-16-2013, 02:34 PM
Xing---typhon

floranama
07-16-2013, 02:42 PM
I voted, but honestly, would rather have pockets (including E&E) camo'd rather than the packs. What's the point if the print gets covered up by solid add-ons? It also allows for more options if you already own solid packs...

rhunter424
07-16-2013, 02:44 PM
Yeah I'm sticking to my original vote for E&E in mandrake. Just cause I don't really need another pack but will buy this if it is available.

Aron: I'm assuming the webbing is matching like the highlander packs?

Aron Snyder
07-16-2013, 02:47 PM
Yep, the webbing will match.
Yeah I'm sticking to my original vote for E&E in mandrake. Just cause I don't really need another pack but will buy this if it is available.

Aron: I'm assuming the webbing is matching like the highlander packs?

steveb
07-16-2013, 04:12 PM
I was thinking about a Zippy in Mandrake, but looks like it's not an option. Since I use my Highlander X-Ray more than all other packs combined, I'll go with one in Mandrake also!

rhunter424
07-16-2013, 04:20 PM
Just as an FYI, we have 20 High Camp 4800's and 5 DT1's in production right now.
I must have missed this post when originally reading this thread on a small screen. What pattern are these in and have they been accounted for?

Aron Snyder
07-16-2013, 04:23 PM
They are in Mandrake.....just edited my post and added that!
I must have missed this post when originally reading this thread on a small screen. What pattern are these in and have they been accounted for?

WANNABEE
07-16-2013, 08:03 PM
I would take an E&E in both mandrake and typhon with skinny mini pods on the sides. Wish I could get some woobies in both those camos.

alaskalanche
07-16-2013, 08:15 PM
Just voted for the 4800 in Typhon!! Hands down the best option, not sure why ya added the other 9 options to this poll. :D

techbrute
07-16-2013, 09:09 PM
I would take an E&E in both mandrake and typhon with skinny mini pods on the sides. Wish I could get some woobies in both those camos.

Ooooooooh... Woooobies in Kryptek.... That's hawt.

ramcd
07-17-2013, 06:52 AM
Is the material being used the same density as your Highlander?

Richard

MrMongo
07-17-2013, 08:26 AM
What Techbrute said. That would be hawt!

MrMongo
07-17-2013, 08:30 AM
With the Mandrake pattern starting to emerge in clothing and gear, I'm going for the Xing in Mandrake. Actually, I'd prefer seeing Nomad brought to the table for those moments when you just have to in the desert, but Highlander works well there in its place.
Glad to see Kifaru moving forward with Kryptek. Thanks guys!

cmeier117
07-17-2013, 09:47 AM
Ooooooooh... Woooobies in Kryptek.... That's hawt.

Yep that is what I want. I would so buy a woobie in Kryptek.

Jay03
07-17-2013, 02:31 PM
come on spike camp in mandrake!.... you can do it little buddy.

Just cheering for my horse... all though many of those would be sweet. the xray, E&E, and spike camp are my top picks though

beastie
07-17-2013, 03:57 PM
X-Ray in Typhon= Ultimate EDC/Travel/Hiking Bag!!!!!!!!!!!!

RichardE
07-18-2013, 06:05 AM
If the Spike camp doesn't come off, second place would be Xing, and a woobie to follow. In Mandrake of course.....

Jay03
07-20-2013, 10:08 AM
So how long is this going to soak before we get some info on what bags made the cut? Order times? Anything like that..

Aron Snyder
07-22-2013, 09:44 AM
Just so everyone's up to date, we've got 20 Mandrake 4800 High Camps on order now, and 5 Duplex Timberline 1 bags as well. The second run of packs will be announced in the next two weeks.

Please keep in mind that when we announce what packs we will be making, that DOES NOT mean that they will be ready to order at that time. It could take a couple months before they are ready to order.

So how long is this going to soak before we get some info on what bags made the cut? Order times? Anything like that..

chippewawarrior
07-22-2013, 11:57 AM
How do I get a HC in Mandrake?

Aron Snyder
07-22-2013, 08:46 PM
We will announce when they are ready.

chippewawarrior
07-23-2013, 06:32 AM
That's cool. I have another question? I'm ready to buy...So, do I order one of a different color in the meantime in case I don't get 1 of the 20, or they are not ready by October? Then can I cancel if I get one?

Aron Snyder
07-23-2013, 09:30 PM
I guess that would be up to you.
That's cool. I have another question? I'm ready to buy...So, do I order one of a different color in the meantime in case I don't get 1 of the 20, or they are not ready by October? Then can I cancel if I get one?

chippewawarrior
07-23-2013, 10:02 PM
Ok, thanks...

Aron Snyder
07-24-2013, 08:34 AM
Sorry I can't give you a better answer, but I can't say for sure when the Mandrake 4800's will be ready. I'll give you a better answer when I know more.
Ok, thanks...

chippewawarrior
07-24-2013, 08:17 PM
Sorry I can't give you a better answer, but I can't say for sure when the Mandrake 4800's will be ready. I'll give you a better answer when I know more.

It's cool, no worries! I think I'll hedge my bets and order one, that way I can cancel it if I want when the Mandrake's become available. You're saving me money anyways as I was going to get it in Foliage. You can put me on a list if there is a pecking order? 😉

O8h7w
07-25-2013, 03:01 PM
No accesories at all this time? :( I thought we were quite a few talking about belt pouches.

Since I just bought a new pack, my wallet just won't take that. A bunch of belt pouches or a few pods would be a different matter entirely, I'd sign up as soon as I could get my head straight about just how many.

But I'm happy there will be Mandrake Spike Camps, then at least there is a chance of picking one up sometime. :)

Aron Snyder
07-30-2013, 06:09 AM
Pockets and pouches are not out of the question, but we can't say ahead of time what we'll build. A lot of the pocket/pouch options are made with drop material when cutting patterns for packs, so we'll see what we end up with and let everyone know as quick as possible.
No accesories at all this time? :( I thought we were quite a few talking about belt pouches.

Since I just bought a new pack, my wallet just won't take that. A bunch of belt pouches or a few pods would be a different matter entirely, I'd sign up as soon as I could get my head straight about just how many.

But I'm happy there will be Mandrake Spike Camps, then at least there is a chance of picking one up sometime. :)

toa
07-30-2013, 06:03 PM
Now you've got my attention again :)

O8h7w
08-01-2013, 02:31 PM
Pockets and pouches are not out of the question, but we can't say ahead of time what we'll build. A lot of the pocket/pouch options are made with drop material when cutting patterns for packs, so we'll see what we end up with and let everyone know as quick as possible.

Good enough, I'll keep my eyes open :)

thewolverine
08-07-2013, 08:49 AM
Aron
Is there a waiting list for the DT1 in Mandrake? I would rather a DTII but if they are already in production- How might I inquire?

primal13
08-21-2013, 09:33 PM
bumping this to see if there is any more new's on which pack, and when.

Aron Snyder
08-23-2013, 05:45 AM
We're getting close to releasing the Mandrake High Camp 4800's and the DT1 bags as well. They should be on the site in the next couple weeks. I will let everyone know a few days in advance.

The Typhon Xrays are in production now, so those will be coming up soon too.

Aron Snyder
08-23-2013, 05:46 AM
Give me a call and We'll work something out.

720-937-1418
Aron
Is there a waiting list for the DT1 in Mandrake? I would rather a DTII but if they are already in production- How might I inquire?

primal13
08-25-2013, 10:14 AM
thank ya sir for the update. do you any eta on when the belt's will be coming out?

crossada
08-31-2013, 08:52 PM
Bump.

I hate to say it but I think I would have to rebuy my main bags if that Typhon pattern was a regular offering.:cool:

Niblick
09-06-2013, 02:34 AM
Any update on those typhon X-rays?

thewolverine
09-09-2013, 09:09 AM
Aron
Have been out of state. OK if I still call?

RichardE
09-19-2013, 03:53 PM
Aron,

If I get my Mandarke Spike camp, what are the chances of getting a Cargo Panel to match? Most of the deer we shoot here are 50 - 60lb and with a waterproof liner this would make my life much easier.

Richard

rhunter424
10-15-2013, 11:46 AM
Those of you following this thread may be interested to know Kifaru has put these limited run's up on their website now:
http://www.kifaruforums.net/showthread.php?t=34613

Vorpal
02-03-2014, 10:02 AM
I WILL buy an Express in Typhon or Mandrake. The money is burning a hole in my account right now.

ron finkbeiner
02-07-2014, 09:47 PM
How about typhon with an urban Xing?

Medic646
02-10-2014, 11:35 PM
I finally did it. I pulled the trigger on a Typhon X-Ray. I feel like a kid waiting for Christmas morning waiting for it to ship.