PDA

View Full Version : anyone own/use the kifaru belt (to hold up your pants)?

boom
07-06-2013, 10:52 AM
i just got one from REI. some Bison company. the buckle is kinda huge.

i want a belt like this because i loose alot of weight on backpacking trips and my pants start to fall down. i had to use a leatherman to drill more holes in my old belt..but i am out of space. (leather transitions to cotton strapping)

i worry the buckle will hurt under a hip belt with a heavy load. but it appears strong!! i could lash down a big load with it. the buckle doesnt slip at all. difficult to undo, but slipping isnt gonna happen.

then i see Kifaru makes one. how wide is it? kifaru gives me very little information. cheaper too!

mark s
07-06-2013, 02:39 PM
I have one. It is 1 in webbing. It is nice as its thinness prevents irritation when using a pack belt over it. I don't particularly like the two rings for fastening the belt. It works but is not quickly undone.

firecog
07-07-2013, 02:47 AM
Check this one out:

http://prostores2.carrierzone.com/servlet/emdomusa/Detail?no=87

Tom
07-07-2013, 09:51 AM
Instructor's belt from Wilderness Tactical. From before dawn until dark with a loaded Spike Camp. Never any discomfort.

COShunter
07-08-2013, 08:55 AM
I have one, and it works if you do not have anything else on your belt. I tried to carry a small semi-auto in a light weight holster, after taking off my pack, and it did not work. I could not keep the belt tight. I talked to the shop and they told me that this item had mixed reviews, some liked it, others, like me, had problems. I would consider looking for some other belt.