PDA

View Full Version : Sawtooth Question - Lightweight Cot Use

naladar
06-23-2013, 09:05 PM
Hello All,

I've been reading up the last few months regarding Kifaru tipis and I think the Sawtooth maybe the route that I go, but I still have lingering questions and doubts that I hope that the community may be able to help me with.

I intend on using the tent solo, with as stove and liner. One question I have is will a lightweight cot fit in a Sawtooth? Cabelas has a cot simply called "Cabelas Lightweight Cot" which is similar to what I have and it measures 72" L x 32" W x 7.5" H and I would really like to keep using that. Last but not least, how well would a Sawtooth do in 12" - 24" of snow falling in a two day period (structural integrity and warmth)? I've seen that the Sawtooth does well in the wind so I am not worried about that, but haven't seen much on it's snow performance.

mark s
06-24-2013, 07:48 AM
I use a luxurylite cot in my sawtooth. You will have no trouble using your's in a sawtooth. A foot or two of snow will be no problem. The guy wires help to keep the snow from sagging the sides. Just hit the sides from time to time to knock the snow off. Camping with the sawtooth on deep snow requires the snow platforms for the poles and a good staking system. Most people here recommend the SST pins.

naladar
06-25-2013, 04:21 PM
Thanks for the information mark s! I just finished placing my order for a Sawtooth, liner, medium stove, SST pins and snow platforms. In November I'm going to do a HD video with this thing setup at elk camp. I can't wait :)

widowshooter
06-26-2013, 01:59 PM
I am also thinking about this same set up. It's nice to get on here and have questions answered for you. I look forward to seeing your video.