PDA

View Full Version : Rayovac Indestructible 2AA

Mel
05-31-2013, 12:46 AM
Hey guys,

My name is Mel and I'm a flashaholic :o. I have a collection from the highest high tech lights available, to the 2 dollar throwaways and everything in between. I just wanted to let you know about a light that I just picked up recently that has impressed the hell out of me. It doesn't have 500 lumens or an absolutely perfect beam pattern. What it does have is a decent beam pattern with excellent throw, outstanding durability, and is only $14.99 at Home Depot! It is the Rayovac Indestructible 2AA and I highly recommend this light for throwing in your vehicles, a bug out bag, a tool box, around the home, and just about any other utility use. It is a little larger than your typical 2AA light, so is not the best choice as an EDC light for pocket carry. I think it would also be a great first flashlight for your youngsters because of the extremely low price, cool tactical look, and surprising performance. It has 100 lumens when other high tech 2AA lights can reach 300 to 400 lumens no problem, but the payoff is an extremely long burn time, making it an outstanding utility light. Check it out here for the specs with photos:

http://www.rayovac.com/Products/Lights/Work/Virtually-Indestructible-LED-2AA-Flashlight.aspx

Mel

BrooklynBen
05-31-2013, 10:04 AM
Thanks Mel for the 'Heads Up'

SubSailor
05-31-2013, 09:33 PM
I have the 800 lumens version in my truck. It is indestructible and I love it. For the price they are hard to beat.

walker6
06-03-2013, 02:53 PM
I was in the checkout line at Home Depot on Friday and saw this light on display next to the register. I remembered Mel's post, so I grabbed one. I cannot believe how far LED has come in the last few years. It's a pretty amazing light for $15 and two AA's. It'll be nice to have these in the trucks and not worry about them getting stolen. Thanks, Mel.

AltonTod
06-04-2013, 07:29 AM
I was in the checkout line at Home Depot on Friday and saw this light on display next to the register. I remembered Mel's post, so I grabbed one. I cannot believe how far LED has come in the last few years. It's a pretty amazing led lights (http://www.niceledlights.com) for $15 and two AA's. It'll be nice to have these in the trucks and not worry about them getting stolen. Thanks, Mel.

Ya they have gone cheap with improved quality. best thing about these lights is less consumption of energy:)::)

Mel
06-04-2013, 10:29 AM
Yep, the best 15 dollar flashlight period!

Mel

patrat
06-04-2013, 11:07 AM
That does look like a great value. For EDC I go with a zebra H51, but I could buy one of these for each vehicle for half the total money.

If I didn't have retired headlamps in the gloveboxes, I would grab these for sure.

Mel
06-04-2013, 12:15 PM
patrat,

The Rayovac has so much more throw/reach than a headlamp that you might want to have both in the gloveboxes :)!

Mel

medicjim
06-05-2013, 06:37 AM
Coupled with eneloop lithium recharge-ables, you have a solution that exceeds anything available 10 years ago, for a tenth the price.... it is simply amazing how much technology has improved this category of tool.