PDA

View Full Version : Newbie here, looking for instructions for older tipi and stove.

llamero
05-29-2013, 07:05 PM
Greetings,
Where can I find setup instructions for an older large stove and a tipi of unknown size? The stove box looks straight forward, the pipe, not so much. It came with seven of the figure 8 wires. Don't have a clue how to use those. I measured the tipi at approx. 137 inches from the bottom of one of the doors to the very top. Is that enough info to determine what size it is? The stove and tipi were given to me, without the original stuff sack. I'm chomping at the bit to set this stuff up.
I also posted this in the Greenhorn section. I looked at some of the KifaruTube videos, but I think I need the basics first.
Thanks,
llamero

shtfco
05-29-2013, 08:06 PM
Hey Llamero, Maybe Patrick or Mel will Chime in as Im unsure of the TP heights to give you an accurate if I had to guess though Id say that sounds like a 12 man. I was in the 24 man TP at the Rondy and it was Huge so I doubt its that one. Anyway welcome to the Kifaru Forums. Great folks and great place to learn a lot.

llamero
05-29-2013, 08:18 PM
Thanks shtfco. I counted 20 stake loops on the tipi, counting each door as one loop. Maybe that's another clue.

shtfco
05-29-2013, 09:45 PM
Well rough guess based on your measurement I would say its a 12 man TP. The height on 12 man is 10' 6" which puts you roughly at 126 inches. The 16 man is 12 feet high which is way above what your measurements come too.

rayporter
05-30-2013, 08:08 AM
at the top of the main page here is a video of an 8 man set up.

my 8 man has 20 loops. my 12 has a lot more loops. the 12 man has 35 pegs with it. but i dont remember how many pegs are actually needed to pitch it. measure your pole after it is put together and that will tell us what you have.

what color is it?

llamero
05-30-2013, 10:25 AM
Hey rayporter,

I found the YouTube videos and watched last night. It looks like I probably have the 8 man. My tipi is white.
This morning I had a message on the phone from Joe Hughes. He is going to email me the instructions. Great service. It going to be a fantastic llama packing year. This tipi will be a real season extender.
Thanks