PDA

View Full Version : Cargo Panel attachment

NavyP-3
05-08-2013, 08:41 PM
Does anybody have some pictures or a video on how to attach the Cargo Panel.

Sorry if this is a repeat, but I searched and could not find anything.

In my humble opinion, the directions that come with packs need some updating since 2005. I have run into the same problems with several outdoor gear items, especially reloading gear. This great stuff is designed by people who understand everything about them and those of us not mechanically or spatially inclined, struggle to figure it out.

It would be very simple to produce an updated set of directions with better pictures and step-by-step instructions, or make a video showing all the basics of attachements, panels, removing and reattaching the bag from the frame etc. I know this sounds a little silly for those to whom this comes easy, but it would be a great help for the rest of us.

Cheers,

Steve

rhunter424
05-09-2013, 05:35 AM
When I ordered my cargo panel, it came with a single sheet, printed on both sides (in color :cool:) with instructions on how to mount the cargo panel. I'm guessing you did not get this?

It's very easy to mount the cargo panel onto a duplex frame. Its almost impossible to mount it "wrong", but there's small tweaks that make it "better".

You attach the two tri-glides to the bottom common loops on the frame.

You attach the other two straps with the two female buckles sewn into them onto the frame, one high and one low.

That's about it for the frame straps.

If you're stuck on a certain part I can try to take specific pictures.

NavyP-3
05-09-2013, 09:49 AM
Ryan,

Thanks.

If you could scan me a copy of the directions, that would be great.

I think I have it mostly figured out except for the dual female clips and the dual tri-glides. I am sure I can make it work -I pretty much have- but I would really like to know that I am doing as designed.

Cheers,

Steve

robcollins
05-09-2013, 10:59 AM
Tri-glide. Obviously, for the cargo panel, chair, there's webbing sewn to them.

The "common loops" that you attach a strap with a triglide to vary in shape, some are triangles on a duplex frame, this image may help, it shows a pocket with a triglide tab attached to a common loop.

NavyP-3
05-09-2013, 12:32 PM
Thanks

I get how the tribars work. There are just two types of straps that came with the panel that I don't exactly know where they go.

I'll try to get pics up later.

R/

Steve

rhunter424
05-09-2013, 01:31 PM
Hopefully this helps you. This is the applicable page for your cargo panel.

NavyP-3
05-09-2013, 01:51 PM
Ryan,

This is what I am looking for.

If you are ever in Colorado Springs I'll buy you a Beer.

Best Regards,

Steve

shtfco
05-09-2013, 01:55 PM
Steve,

Sent you a PM. If you need some assistance and you can get down to Denver Myself or Aron can show you how it works. I have a Timberline 2 and Aron Snyder works for Kifaru and can teach you about any of the packs, how they work, how to attach stuff. whatever you want to know. Let me know if you have any plans to come to Denver.

James

rhunter424
05-09-2013, 02:39 PM
Here's a larger version of it. I realized it is borderline readable.

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-f1FYtq9DuHM/UYwJR4x69LI/AAAAAAAACBw/VIyA8BA69oA/s800/001.jpg

Mel
05-09-2013, 03:40 PM
NavyP-3,

Not sure what straps you are still unsure about, but here is the thread where the Cargo Panel was introduced showing all the different configurations and talking about the straps. You will see in the begining of the thread the Cargo Panel was not yet available, but as you scroll through you will see the updates. Go to post #79 for a description and photo of the production strap kit. Everything you need to know about the strap kit should be in this thread. Here ya go:

http://www.kifaruforums.net/showthread.php?t=25946&page=8&highlight=cargo+panel+live
Mel

NavyP-3
05-09-2013, 06:57 PM
Mel,

Thanks a bunch.

Playing with it right now and I'm sure I'll have it figured out soon. I'll try to get to the rondy as well ans get some experienced help.

Best Regards,

Steve

Mel
05-09-2013, 07:38 PM
Just keep in mind Steve, you don't have to use all the straps, only what is needed for your load. We just wanted to make sure that there were enough straps in the kit to work for everything.

Mel

Benny BC
05-09-2013, 08:09 PM
Mel, not to hijack the thread but referring to the instructions Ryan posted, are we better off using the two straps for the Dulpex rather than just hooking female SR's directly to the frame or is it just personal choice?

NavyP-3
05-09-2013, 08:57 PM
Ok!

I think I got it!

I do, however have 4 SR female ends and 4 slide bars attached to female ends left over after attaching all the straps. 2 Molle clips as well, but I figured on that.

I am guessing that those will be for optional adjusments. I think that I am just going to mess around with it till I am happy with heavy loads.

BTW, do you leave the frame straps on when you switch back to the bag? Or do you take everything off?

Thanks for the help.

Steve

rhunter424
05-10-2013, 03:19 AM
I do, however have 4 SR female ends and 4 slide bars attached to female ends left over after attaching all the straps. 2 Molle clips as well, but I figured on that.

I am guessing that those will be for optional adjusments. I think that I am just going to mess around with it till I am happy with heavy loads.
Those 4 SR females + 4 slide bars and the 2 MOLLE clips (used for the bottom tri-glides on the cargo panel) are included more for using the cargo panel with the .mil MOLLE frame.

This info is what's on the other side of the instructions that I scanned.

BTW, do you leave the frame straps on when you switch back to the bag? Or do you take everything off?
I leave them on when I put my DT3 bag on. The top strap is flush with the bottom of the bag's "pocket" that slides over the top of the frame.

lostbackpa
05-10-2013, 11:54 PM
Gotta be something on YouTube