PDA

View Full Version : Cargo Panel vs. Chair

NavyP-3
05-08-2013, 06:17 PM
So the big day came and I got my Longunter, pull-outs, gun bearer and cargo PANEL.

I am stoked!

However, I ordered the cargo chair. Should I just stick with with the cargo panel? Weight isn't the issue, I just always thought I would sit in my chair against my pack as I glassed.

Has anybody had both that can comment or anybody with the cargo chair that wishes they had the panel?

Does anybody want to sell me a chair so I can compare at less than full price?

Cheers,

Steve

mountaintrek
05-08-2013, 06:37 PM
Navy,
never used a Kifaru panel but another brand on my LH. I greatly prefer the chair for hauling to the panel. Find the rigidity better for heavy & big loads.
m

NavyP-3
05-08-2013, 08:09 PM
Thanks for the input.

I think I just may have to get the Cargo Chair as well and decide wich I like better.

Now that I think of it, both more accurately fits my life philosphy of better to have it and not need it. Not a great philosophy for backpacking but I won't bring both at the same time.

R/

Steve

rhunter424
05-09-2013, 05:31 AM
Here's some pictures of the cargo panel being used to carry a simulated casualty.
http://www.kifaruforums.net/showthread.php?t=25946&p=264923#post264923

There's also pictures of the hunting version of the cargo panel hauling some pretty large animals.
http://maxcdn.nexternal.com/kifaru/images/huntinghaulercoverimagenext350.jpg

I don't think weight is an issue with either.

The cargo panel is not as rigid as the cargo chair, but I'm sure you could set up the cargo panel in a similar fashion as the cargo chair (folding the panel in half and attaching the straps the same way as the cargo chair).

Mel/Patrick might have a more calculated response with regards to weight and capability.

colohunter303
05-09-2013, 07:07 AM
I have used a cargo chair on all of my packs the better part of a decade now. I switched to a grab it on my late season cause I put my first load of meat in the bag and stuff whatever was displaced by the meat in the grab it. After the first load, I switch to the EMR hauler with cargo chair and x strap kit. I have been intrigued by the cargo panel since it came out as it seems like it took the grab it philosophy of enveloping items, and supersized it to envelope awkward and heavy items. The only reason why my intrigue hasnt pushed me to bite the bullet and buy one is, quite frankly, my game extraction system (outlined above) aint broke, so why fix it.