PDA

View Full Version : Malice Clip Alternative?

ramcd
04-26-2013, 12:53 AM
Just wondering if there's an any alternative to Malice clips available at all?

Richard

jljmonky
04-26-2013, 04:48 AM
There are... maxpedition has a textile tie of some kind and the marine corps used to use a funky plastic buckle that could still be found on eBay I am sure and blackhawk makes something too that hooks to the top and bottom channels... the ever present zip tie too.

CTskywatch
04-26-2013, 05:28 AM
Highly reccommend these blackhawk strike clips as to ease of use. These work great and shipping shouldn't be so bad down to you with amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/BLACKHAWK-Speed-Clips-6-Pack-7/dp/B004T1969W/ref=pd_sim_sg_1

simko
04-26-2013, 07:29 AM
I use shock that ive laced through the webbing and clamp it down with a barrel cord lock.

i havent ripped anythingand it hasnt failed me yet, but you may be harder on the equipment than I am

ramcd
04-26-2013, 07:43 AM
Thanks everyone.

How secure are the Speed Clips, any chance of them coming adrift?

Richard

snakey2
04-26-2013, 09:53 AM
I have the speed clips on my edc bag and though I can't say I am using it really hard it has taken everyday knocks and the clips are good. No coming loose, no slipping so far (3yrs+) and they are much easier to use than the Maxped. ones.

ramcd
04-26-2013, 11:29 AM
Thanks mate, that's all I needed to know, got some on the way already.

Richard

I have the speed clips on my edc bag and though I can't say I am using it really hard it has taken everyday knocks and the clips are good. No coming loose, no slipping so far (3yrs+) and they are much easier to use than the Maxped. ones.

Pathfinder
04-26-2013, 01:14 PM
Highly reccommend these blackhawk strike clips as to ease of use. These work great and shipping shouldn't be so bad down to you with amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/BLACKHAWK-Speed-Clips-6-Pack-7/dp/B004T1969W/ref=pd_sim_sg_1

+1 !

Blackfoot
04-26-2013, 11:14 PM
With quick use of the search function I pulled this from years ago.

It should help.

http://www.kifaruforums.net/showthread.php?t=18435

BuckarooMedic
04-28-2013, 10:52 PM
Two words: zip-ties.

Pat K
05-06-2013, 11:02 PM
I have used Zip-Ties, actual PALS pouches, Malice Clips, and Tac-Ties. I like Tac Ties the best, Malice a close second. Since I got my EMR I stuck a four mag pouch on the lid as my "potty kit"(I have three kids, oldest just hit her teens) containing a small folding hand trowel, and a roll of coleman toilet paper, purell, and a quart sized zip to bag of baby wipes. I am seriously considering getting a set of these:

http://www.itstactical.com/store/molle-stix-pair/

so that when I send my kids to grab the potty kit the whole pouch can be yanked off in a flash (also important for the sudden backwoods emergency) and the whole kit can be at hand without someone having to decide pre-business what they will need. My last turkey trip I had a bit of the stomach bug, and it took six doses of immodium to get everything right, and by then I had one baby wipe left.

pat

Treebeard
05-12-2013, 01:24 PM
I don't like malice clips, but I do have some on my EMR. I also have some maxpedition tac-ties that I use as well. I use 4 maxpedition Tac-Ties to hold the center of my back pouch to the back of my EMR, and then attach the dock n lock connectors to either side. Kind of floppy, but it works. I wish the molle on the back pouch were spaced out wider to keep it from being so floppy, but I'm dealing with it. I may sew some more webbing on the pouch eventually. The malice do have the advantage of being stiffer, but I don't like them overall. I think something like a malice clip INSIDE of tubular coyote webbing to stiffen it, and a snap at the ends would be better. I might have to take a look at that.....

Just wondering if there's an any alternative to Malice clips available at all?

Richard

Blackfoot
05-12-2013, 09:15 PM
There are four loops on the back of all the dock and lock pockets, they are for compressing the pocket when used individually. Those four loops are not designed to be used as Pals. Most pockets have loops at the top that will accept the Kifaru shoulder sling.

The two top loops can be secured across the top of the pack to keep the pocket from sagging when it is under a heavy load. (on G2 back pouches they are at the base of the zippers.)

Treebeard
05-13-2013, 12:06 AM
Maybe not? But if you don't secure the pocket to the pack by malice or other you have a saggy bag flopping all over the place. I have no interest in ripping a pocket off my pack, I want it secure. No issues here.

There are four loops on the back of all the dock and lock pockets, they are for compressing the pocket when used individually. Those four loops are not designed to be used as Pals. Most pockets have loops at the top that will accept the Kifaru shoulder sling.

The two top loops can be secured across the top of the pack to keep the pocket from sagging when it is under a heavy load. (on G2 back pouches they are at the base of the zippers.)

Echo63
06-18-2013, 08:58 AM
I have used Zip-Ties, actual PALS pouches, Malice Clips, and Tac-Ties. I like Tac Ties the best, Malice a close second. Since I got my EMR I stuck a four mag pouch on the lid as my "potty kit"(I have three kids, oldest just hit her teens) containing a small folding hand trowel, and a roll of coleman toilet paper, purell, and a quart sized zip to bag of baby wipes. I am seriously considering getting a set of these:

http://www.itstactical.com/store/molle-stix-pair/

so that when I send my kids to grab the potty kit the whole pouch can be yanked off in a flash (also important for the sudden backwoods emergency) and the whole kit can be at hand without someone having to decide pre-business what they will need. My last turkey trip I had a bit of the stomach bug, and it took six doses of immodium to get everything right, and by then I had one baby wipe left.

pat

I really like the idea of those MolleStix - they look really handy for stuff like you suggest, ripping a kit of your gear quickly, but having it securely attached.

I dont have much Molle gear (although i am slowly building more and more) so i have a couple of attachment methods.

1. Polypropelyne webbing, with a stiffener sewn into each end - the webbing is woven through the PALS loops, and then the stiffened ends are tucked in around the last bar - it seems to work so far.

I also built these to hold my Radio pouch (Garmin Rino 650) onto my chestrig (which is a really convenient way of carrying radio, flashlight, basic FAK, snacks and paperwork when i am photographing a Rally)
http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m150/Echo63/IMG_1756_zps38fe35a1.jpg
just fairly thick (2mm) plastic trimmed to shape with a dremel a bit of cord run top to bottom stops it from sliding out

i wouldnt mind getting some Malice clips and MolleStix though, they are on my list of stuff to purchase

John Hovis
06-27-2013, 11:40 PM
Hi, guys this is first time i am visiting this forum and so happy to see such a great info here. So many things i came to know new and the way you guys describe everything here sounds amazing. Thanks for all your work will back soon for more updates.

blanket tote (http://www.picnicbasket.net/)