PDA

View Full Version : Best Top Lid for Timberline 1

rollcast
04-23-2013, 02:25 PM
Hey Gang, Looking for some opinions on Top Lids. I'm getting a DT1 bag but can't decide on the best top lid. Thoughts and recommendations appreciated!

Ronster
04-23-2013, 03:58 PM
I dont know if its the best or not, but Im getting the long hunter lid on mine. I wanted the extra 1000ci of storage for raingear and other things that I wanted somewhat handy. I didnt order any external pockets so this is my quick stash area.

larryschwartz
04-23-2013, 04:04 PM
I can't remember where or when, but I read a thread within the last six months that talked about using pouches like the Tailgunner or maybe the claymore pouch as a top lid on the newer packs. Seemed like a pretty good idea if you want more organization or functionality than the three kinds of top lids.

lawnboi
04-23-2013, 04:16 PM
I use an E&E as a lid. Works well and gives me a really functional break away pack. Lots of organization.

I hunting E&E 'lid' imo would be an awesome addition, could even do away with the longhunter which I didn't care for very much.

Heres a thread I made with a little more info
http://www.rokslide.com/forums/showthread.php?4324-Kifar-E-amp-E-as-a-lid-continued

Curtis C
04-23-2013, 04:57 PM
I prefer using the standard lid and then attaching a pocket/pouch that fits the needs of the trip I am prepping for. Its usually a long pocket on a standard lid when I need more space.

I do like Lawboi's use of the E&E for a lid.

larryschwartz
04-23-2013, 10:02 PM
lawnboi, that is the thread I was thinking about. No wonder I couldn't find it here, it was on Rokslide.