PDA

View Full Version : An observation...

jljmonky
04-13-2013, 03:55 AM
With young children and a job that keeps me close to home I don't get the timber time I really want, but who does really?

I spend a lot of my time lurking on the boards which brings me to my observation... from about 3 p.m. central time each Friday til about 8 p.m. each Sunday, the majority of the big posters must get out in the woods because the "chatter" slows way down... this leads to jealousy, that is all.

robcollins
04-13-2013, 01:22 PM
Today, tax filing is on my calendar. (given that there was only 2% hard drive space remaining, this has increased in scope to moving files to detachable hard drive, removing programs, compacting hard drive, uhhhhgggghhh!)

This is historically my slow time for getting in the woods, although I'd really like to go walleye fishing, given that's best at night, a bike ride to Chatfield or another "restricted" area may be in order...

Randy
04-14-2013, 08:13 AM
You just have to make that time to get out. Doesn't have to be a a full on expedition, but just getting to the foothills or out in the sun and fresh air will help.
I travel weekly and usually have just Saturday and Sunday to get all my personal and the house chores done. Still, I take my dogs for a walk on both days, usually about 4 miles out in the sagebrush. I get all my chores done and I feel better for it.
I don't know how young your kids are, but get them out too. No big mystery here, but they'll have fun and it's way better than whatever crap is on the tube. Invite your wife out as well. You get family time. Your wife shares a bit of your passion for the outdoors and you don't have life the outdoor life thru the ole laptop:)